How to wear denim dungarees.

Me rocking my dungarees 

Welcome to my attempt at a fashion blog post. I'm not the best at fashion by all means so please forgive me.

One of the biggest trends I've noticed this year is the return of the denim dungarees. I owned a pair of these about 10 years ago and probably when I was a child. One of the first shops I saw to get these in was Primark but I've heard that the likes of Top Shop, River Island and H&M are all selling these (I never shop in those shops).
Unfortunately my local Primark store never stocked these but I finally found a pair in the Belfast branch.
Now I'm only about a size 6 or 8 in jeans from Primark but mine are a size 10. They do have a bit of a gap at the waist but any smaller and they'd be far too tight on me. They are in a dark denim colour but come in black as well and are only £15.
So what on earth do you wear with these I hear you ask? Well that is completely up to you, yourself. As far as I am concerned there isn't really anything you can't rock with your dungarees.
In my photo I am wearing a denim blue Mickey Mouse t-shirt which I also bought in Primark for £9. The Mickey Mouse head is covered in blue sequins. I'm also wearing my Primark converse type shoes which were only £6 (I think). However in work today I did wear my trusty black winter boots as it was far too cold for my converse. I also teamed it with a basic black cardigan and a blue, navy, red and white checked scarf also from Primark. 

Casual, everyday wear 1:
A basic coloured tee with a pair of converse is ideal. Go for a pastel coloured top or a brightly coloured top. As the denim is so dark, a bright coloured top will brighten it up.


Casual everyday wear 2 - Stripes 
Stripes are everywhere at the moment and seem to always be in trend. I'm not a big stripes wearer myself but a stripped t-shirt or light jumper will look great under the dungarees. Again team up with converse or van type shoes. I've gone for a stripped shirt which is also a great item to wear with your dungarees.

Casual everyday wear 3  
Rather than a plain t-shirt, go for a printed tee. I'll be wearing my Disney or harry potter tops a lot with mine as I wear those quite often. The top in this is a mickey mouse one.

Smart/Casual daywear  
A polo neck top or jumper - We are still in winter and it's still freezing outside so to warm your dungarees up, team with a polo neck jumper or top. Then go for a funky scarf. Instead of converse go for a nice pair of wintery ankle boots.


Honestly you can wear pretty much anything with the dungarees. I've only picked a few different ideas.

As far as jackets are concerned, a basic cardigan for a simple casual look or a leather jacket works really well. Team with a boyfriend fit blazer for a simple but smart look


Comments