Disneyland Paris Restaurant and Food Review 2015



Restaurant reviews are not something I have done before but I thought I'd give reviewing the restaurants and food I ate during my two visits to Disneyland Paris in November 2015 and June/July 2017. I love my food and eating out so I will give honest reviews on the places we ate. Sadly, I don't have photos of all my meals but I will try and find similar photos online. The prices and menus may have changed since my visits so be sure to check the Disneyland Paris website before your visit to check first.

November 2015 Visit

Silver Spur Steakhouse in Disney Village - Table Service.

When we arrived in Disneyland Paris, it was quite late by the time we got checked into our hotel so the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Disney Village was one of very few places that was actually still serving food.
Theming: The restaurant was huge inside with an outdoor seating area. It was spacious inside with a very relaxed atmosphere. It was very quiet when we visited due to how late it was.
What I ate: If I can remember rightly we only had a main course and a dessert which is the Jazz Menu. I had the chicken with a baked potato. I would usually go for chicken but I wasn't overly impressed with my meal. I felt a little sick due to the travelling which probably didn't help my appetite. It was very bland as well with no flavour to it. Dessert however, was a different kettle of fish. I had the creme brulee (see photo) which actually came flaming and had hidden chocolate brownies in it. Sadly due to feeling unwell I couldn't fully enjoy it which was a shame as it tasted so good.
Price: 31.99 euros.
Overall verdict: I wouldn't eat in the Silver Spur Steakhouse again but I would happily go there just to have the creme brulee again. Sadly since my 2015 the creme brulee no longer has the chocolate brownies in it.

My dessert



*************************************************************************************************************

Disney's Hotel New York and Newport Bay Breakfast


 Here is the breakfast I had at Newport Bay. I always had the scrambled egg, bacon and mini pancakes.
One of the perks of staying onsite at a Disneyland Paris hotel was the free breakfast which was included in the price of your stay. Sadly, they no longer do this which is a huge shame so we did have to pay for our breakfast when we stayed in Newport Bay in summer 2017. We stayed in the Hotel New York and Newport Bay hotels which both had a cooked breakfast as well as the usual cereals, breads, fruit and pastries. We had scrambled egg, bacon, pancakes, veal and sausages. Breakfast is so important to me in the mornings so having a good breakfast before a long, busy day in the parks was so good. I was able to fill up on the yummy scrambled egg and bacon and some pancakes, washed down with apple juice. They had various hot and cold drinks too. I'm not too sure of the price of breakfast at Newport Bay now but I think it's over 20 euros for an adult. In my opinion, it is a bit over priced and I wish Disneyland would bring back the free breakfast again. I did love the breakfast though and it set me up for the busy days in the park. When you check into your Disney hotel, you will be given a time slot for your breakfast. We had time slots for 7am (if we wanted to do extra magic hours) and 9am. 

***********************************************************************************************************
Cafe Mickey in Disney Village - Character Dining and Table Service

When I ate in Cafe Mickey back in 2015 it was a character dining experience. Sadly, it is no longer a character dining restaurant. We ate in Cafe Mickey for Alison's birthday meal and had our lunch there. Cafe Mickey is in Disney Village across from Earl of Sandwich and near to the exit next to Hotel New York. Back when it was a character dining restaurant you usually got to meet up to six characters. However, as we visited three days after the horrible Paris attacks, the parks were closed so they put extra characters into Cafe Mickey for guests. We had Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Mr Smee and Chip n Dale. The biggest surprise was getting to meet Cinderella, Princess Aurora, Prince Philip and Suzy and Perla (Cinderella's mice). This was due to Auberge de Cendrellion in the park being closed. Doing a character dining restaurant is a brilliant way to meet your favourite characters without having to worry about long queues or standing out in the cold and rain. The characters would come over to your table, pose for photos, sign autographs and interact with you. Some might find this annoying but I absolutely loved it as I love meeting characters in general. I am gutted Cafe Mickey no longer have characters as I would happily eat there again.

What I ate: We had the three course meal. I started off with the mushrooms which had some sort of a sauce on them, if I can remember rightly. They did taste really good though. For my main course I had a burger and curly fries. I had managed about half of my meal before I started to feel sick. I don't think I was feeling 100% after feeling travel sick the previous night. Plus, I was too excited and overwhelmed by all the characters. This can be a downside to character dining. For dessert I had the Mickey cupcake.

My Mickey cupcake

The cupcake was really nice. As it was Alison's birthday we got a birthday cake. I think the birthday cake was about 28 euros. It had ice cream in it and sponge if I can remember. The characters came over with the cast member and made such a fuss over Alison which was so good.

Alison's birthday cake.
Price: between 30 and 40 euros.

*******************************************************************************************************

Toad Hall - Fantasyland Disneyland Park - Quick Service.
Toad Hall is situated in Fantasyland in Disneyland Park, right at the back to the left hand side of the Meet Mickey Mouse house location. It's a quick service restaurant with a Wind in the willows theme. We ate in here on our first full day in the park and I think it was about 11:30am when we visited it. I wasn't overly hungry so I opted for just chips and a sprite. The chips were nice. It was quite dark inside though and very quiet. They had sauce dispensers which had tomato ketchup and mayonnaise. I don't have a photo of my meal unfortunately.
Price: 3.99 euros for the chips and 3.99 for the drink.
Verdict: I would give Toad Hall another visit if I get the chance to go back to Disneyland Paris.

**********************************************************************************************************

Planet Hollywood - Disney Village - Table Service


I had eaten in Planet Hollywood in Walt Disney World back in 2002 in Downtown Disney as it was then. I was quite eager to eat in the Disneyland Paris version of it. We ate in there after watching Magic on Parade so it was busy but not crazy busy. The theming of it was cool with all the movie memorabilia on the walls. It wasn't as cool as the Disney World one though. I don't have a photo of my food for this one either I'm afraid. I did return to eat in Planet Hollywood during my 2017 trip but I will review that in my 2017 post.

What I ate: I had the bbq chicken burger. It was a grilled chicken burger with bacon, cheese and bbq sauce. It came with a side of chips and some salad. I got a sprite to drink. The food was really nice and I really enjoyed it.
Price: 16.60 euros for the burger. 

**************************************************************************************************************
Restaurant En Coulisse - Walt Disney Studios - Quick Service.

Restaurant En Coulisse is in Walt Disney Studios on the right hand side of Studio 1. It's a quick service restaurant. I have seen a lot of bad reviews about this but honestly it's one of the places that does the job when you're looking for something quick to eat. It was very, very busy on the day that we visited which was probably due to the heavy rain too.
What I ate: I had menu 2 which was the chicken burger which came with chips, a drink and a chocolate brownie. I think it was 13.99 euros. It was tasty and I would order it again if I was to eat in it again. 

**************************************************************************************************************

Parkside Diner in Hotel New York - Buffet Restaurant.



I love a good buffet restaurant as you can eat as much or as little as you want and there's always a large amount of yummy food to pick and choose from. Parkside Diner is an American diner themed restaurant in the Hotel New York. I loved the theming of this restaurant.
Price: 34.99 euro for an adult.
What I ate: Honestly, I cannot remember everything I ate but I had some sort of a pasta, potatoes, chicken, salmon, chicken nuggets. I probably ate far too much. It was really, really good despite the fact we were eating in it around 8pm due to having watched Dreams. For dessert I had a salted caramel moose (see photo) and some sort of a chocolate cake. I also lifted a handful of sweets to take with me as they had some sweets and lollipops out too. I would definitely eat in Parkside Diner again or whatever it gets called after the hotel gets turned into a Marvel themed one. 

**************************************************************************************************************
Sadly, I didn't eat many snacks in Disneyland Paris which I was gutted about. I think it was because we had so little time to do everything and I was a busy bee trying to fit everything in. The only other place we had eaten in was McDonalds but as it's the same as every other McDonalds, there's no point in me reviewing it. Though I did have a very yummy chocolate doughnut from McDonalds. I didn't get to sample any of the yummy sweet delights that Disney had to offer which was a shame. 

I will review the restaurants I visited during my June/July trip in another post so look out for that.








Comments