Disneyland Paris Restaurant and Food Review 2017

I have already posted my Disneyland Paris restaurant and food reviews from my November 2015 trip so here is my review of my June/July 2017 trip. As I said in my 2015 blog post, I love eating out and enjoy my food so I will try and be as honest as possible. Sadly, I had a toothache while I was in Disneyland Paris so that did affect my eating quite a lot and I didn't get to sample many of the amazing, yummy treats that Disneyland Paris had to offer. The prices and menus may have changed since my trip.

You can read my November 2015 blog post here.


 Newport Bay Breakfast



One of the downsides about this trip to Disneyland Paris compared to my November 2015 trip, is that you now have to pay for the breakfast in the hotels. This was one of the huge perks of staying on site in one of the Disneyland Hotels back then. We decided to pay for the breakfast for the 6 days that we were there. I cannot remember the price of the Newport Bay Hotel breakfast. I think it was around 20 euros per person. I loved the breakfast. I always eat breakfast and it's very important that I do everyday. There was a wide range of food available with plenty of options. Everyday I went for the scrambled egg, bacon, mini pancakes and the apple juice. I also tasted the chocolate cereal which is in the photo and the hot chocolate. This is one of the many things I miss most about being in Disneyland Paris. It definitely set me up for the long days in the parks and meant I didn't have to run looking for a quick snack in between my breakfast and lunch. We had two breakfast sittings 7am and 9am. The 7am sitting was great for the two mornings we went into the park for extra magic hours. This wasn't as busy as the 9am sitting, which we used for the mornings we were going into the parks slightly later. I would highly recommend the breakfast if you are willing to pay for it.


Rainforest Cafe in Disney Village
What I had: Rasta Pasta. The rasta pasta dish is penne pasta with chicken, broccoli, spinach, red bell peppers and Parmesan cheese topped in a garlic cream sauce and pine nut pesto.
Drink: Glass of coke
Price: 21.99 euros

Thoughts: It was really, really yummy and one of my favourite dishes I ate while I was in Disneyland Paris. It was the first time I had eaten in the Rainforest Cafe and I would definitely go back again. I do find pasta dishes get a little sickening after a while but I didn't feel it with this one. I also loved the theming of the Rainforest Cafe but the thunder and lightning did scare me a little.




















Auberge De Cendrillon - Fantasyland Disneyland Park.
What I had: Pumpkin and mushroom soup for starter. Free range chicken supreme with morel mushroom sauce and aligot potatoes for main course. Then I had the white chocolate Cinderella shoe on top of a red cushion.
Drink: Prince's cocktail (non-alcoholic cocktail) and a glass of sprite.
Price: 75 euros
Princesses we got: Cinderella (She is always there), Aurora, Ariel and Rapunzel.
Thoughts: This was my 30th birthday meal and I was so excited about celebrating my birthday with the princesses. I had read mixed reviews about this restaurant so I was a little worried. It didn't help that there were rumours flying around that you only got to meet 2 princesses instead of the 4. Thankfully, I was not disappointed by any of it. The food was really, really good. I loved the pumpkin and mushroom soup. I was very full up by the time dessert arrived that I couldn't finish it all. We also got a birthday treat which was some sort of a cake covered in very rich chocolate. Sadly, the four of us didn't finish it either so it was a bit of a waste. I loved getting to meet the four princesses and Suzy and Perla (Cinderella's mice). I was wishing so much that I would meet Rapunzel as she is my favourite princess. She was the last one I spotted and when I did, I actually cried with happiness. It was a brilliant experience and I would eat there again in a heartbeat. The setting is beautiful and it's not rushed or crazy at all. We got loads of time with the princesses and talked away to them. 


Here's me with Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella and Rapunzel

My birthday treat, my dessert, pumpkin and mushroom soup and then my chicken main course.
***************************************************************************

Blockbuster Cafe - Disney Studios (across from Rock n rollercoaster) - Quick service
What I ate: Neopolia pasta gratin, ready salted lays and a mini chocolate cake.
Drink: Carton of apple juice
Price: 8.99 euros
Thoughts: I hadn't ate anything since my breakfast that morning as I rushed off to meet characters in the Front Lot while Alison and Roland went to get food. I decided to try the Blockbuster Cafe mainly because it was raining and it was closest to us. The theming reminded me of a simple canteen with a few marvel decorations. I opted for the kids meal deal which was 8.99 euros. The pasta was a tomato based with cheese topping and was really nice. The portion size was just perfect for me and it was easy for me to eat with a very painful toothache. I also got a carton of apple juice and a packet of ready salted Lays crisps. I kept the crisps for later due to my toothache. The little chocolate cup cake was lovely. I think it was a special 25th anniversary one as it was decorated with white icing and blue stars. This is a decent quick service restaurant. I wouldn't recommend eating here and then going straight onto the Rock n rollercoaster though.

 
***********************************************************************************
Annettes Diner - Disney Village
What I had: I think it was the onion burger that I had. It came with cheese, onion rings, grilled onions and red onions and chips.
Drink: Glass of apple juice.
Price: 16.99 euros
Thoughts: I actually liked my meal in Annettes. I know the others weren't overly keen but I enjoyed my burger and chips. I do wish they had of put ice in my drink but other than I was happy enough with it. I loved the theming of the restaurant and the staff seemed friendly enough. We didn't have to wait long to be seated either which I was good. I would eat here again. Sadly, I don't have a photo of my meal as I forgot to take one. 
************************************************************************************
Planet Hollywood - Disney Village
What I had: Turkey club sandwich - toasted bread with turkey, bacon, cheese, tomato and mayo with chips.
Drink: A bugs life mocktail. I'm not a big alcohol drinker so I opted for a mocktail instead. I can't remember what all was in it but it tasted really nice and refreshing. 
Price: 16.25 euros.
Thoughts: I had eaten in Planet Hollywood on our 2015 trip and I enjoyed it so we decided to eat in it again. I went for something different this time though. It didn't disappoint me the second time around thankfully and I did enjoy my food, despite my tooth being quite painful. I would definitely eat in here a third time.

Here is my drink and my food.
*******************************************************************************
Cafe Hyperion - Discoveryland - Disneyland Park
What I had: Chicken burger meal deal which came with a drink and a brookie.
Drink: Fanta orange
Price: 13.99 euros
Thoughts: Cafe Hyperion is probably the biggest quick service in Disneyland but I could be completely wrong.  It's in Discoveryland near to Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast and has a stage in it for shows and the Jedi training camp. When we were there, there was a school choir from Canterbury there singing which were quite good. It's a very busy restaurant though and we were there quite early too, before the lunch time rush. It does several meal deals including the Jedi burger meal. I had the chicken burger meal deal which was really nice. The brookie is a cross between a cookie and a brownie and was quite yummy. It's a decent quick service.
 
********************************************************************************
Pizzeria Bella Notte - Fantasyland - Disneyland Park - Quick Service
What I ate: Menu 1 - Rigatoni bolognese pasta with garlic bread.
Drink: Sprite
Price: 12.99 euros
Thoughts: This was not as good as I was hoping. I went for the pasta thinking it would be similar to the one I had in Blockbuster cafe and I was quite disappointed that it wasn't anywhere as nice as the Blockbuster Cafe one. This was probably my least favourite meal of the trip (other than McDonalds). If I was ever to eat in here again, I would try the pizza instead. The restaurant is based on the one from Lady and the Tramp. I didn't take a photo of my food.

Painting inside from Lady and the tramp.
********************************************************************************
Casey's Corner - Main Street USA - Quick Service
What I had: Plain hot dog with fries.
Drink: Coke
Price: 7.99 and 3.59
Thoughts: I had heard so much about Casey's hotdogs that I just had to try one. Sadly, this is where the language barrier was an issue as I had asked for a hot dog with cheese and onions but I only got given a plain one. I was quite disappointment about that but the plain hot dog was still very nice and filling. I got chips along with mine as I was quite hungry due to waiting until after 2pm to eat lunch. Casey's is always busy so I sat myself outside on Main Street to eat it as I was on my own. I would definitely eat in it again.
**************************************************************************************

 Captain Quarters Bar in Newport Bay Hotel
What I had: I had a chicken and cheese salad baguette with a 25th anniversary chocolate tart.
Drink: Sprite
Price: I think it was about 11 euros but I can't actually remember.
Thoughts: After a very long day in the parks and being on my own, I was at a bit of a loss as to where to get something to eat. I was shattered so headed back to the hotel to see what the others were doing and ended up getting something from the Captain's Quarters bar in our hotel. It wasn't ideal but it fed me. the baguette was nice but not the easiest thing to eat with a toothache. It was quite big too so I couldn't manage it all. The tart was lovely but very sickening. I think I would have eaten somewhere else if I could back and relive that moment.

The chocolate tart.

All in all I enjoyed the meals I did have in Disneyland Paris. There are still restaurants that I would love to eat in (Hakuna Matata, Hunter's Grill etc) and hopefully I'll get to go back again to eat in those places, without a toothache as well. I am gutted about not getting to eat some of the nice sweets and treats but I was too busy running around getting everything done that I kind of forgot. Having a toothache definitely didn't help matters either. I didn't even get to try one of the famous Disneyland Paris glowtini cocktails. 

Maybe one day.....


 

Comments