Characters I Met in Disneyland Paris Part 3 - Sunday 2nd - Tuesday 4th July 2017

Here is the third part of the blogs on the Characters I got to meet on my June/July 2017 trip to Disneyland Paris.

Sunday 2nd July
Sunday was our fourth full day in Disneyland Paris but our third day in the parks. We went into the parks this morning for extra magic hours to meet some more characters. The weather had started off dry but then it began to rain. We were actually waiting to get into the Disneyland Park before it opened which was a new experience for us. 


Chip n Dale
Where:
Town Square band stand in Disneyland Park
Chip n Dale are two of my favourite characters to meet and I've had some of the best interactions with them. They are always fun to meet. Alison even wore her Chip n Dale t-shirt to meet them. We didn't have to wait that long to meet them and thankfully it stayed dry for us, even if it was a bit chilly. They had gone off for a quick break before meeting us so were in good spirits for our meet. They did not disappoint at all.  Dale decided to have a look in my backpack to see if I had any food. Then after we got our photo taken with them, he knocked my ears off and was very naughty and gave them to Alison. They were very mischievous as usual. They made such a fuss over Alison's t-shirt. The meet wasn't at all rushed which was good. There was no photopass photographer with Chip n Dale which was annoying, especially as the other characters have one during extra magic hours. The cast member did take photos for us though and Roland even filmed it for us. 

 

Donald Duck
Where:
Outside Casey's Corner on Main Street USA
Donald Duck is one of Alison's favourite characters, so after we met Chip n Dale, we went to meet Donald at his meet and greet outside of Casey's Corner. I couldn't believe how quiet the park was on a Sunday, but I put that down to the rain. Donald's queue was pretty quiet which was good. It did rain a little while we were waiting but it didn't dampen our spirits at all. They moved the huge umbrella's over Donald's head to keep him dry. Some guests in front of us kindly put their own umbrella's over Donald. Donald was in great form and we had a great interaction with him. He posed for quite a few photos and I even got to give him a kiss, though I was worried I'd get pink lipstick on him lol. I even got him to film a short waving video for my friend Jenna from work. I got some brilliant photopass photos with Donald.


Merida
Where:
Frontierland after Forest of Enchantment
Merida was a very random meet and greet for us. We had just been to watch the Forest of Enchantment show (which was amazing by the way) and were heading out of Frontierland when Merida appeared and was meeting guests, queuing for the next Forest of enchantment show. We quickly hopped into the queue so we could meet her as she's one of Alison's favourite princesses. We had actually met her back in November 2015 as she had an official meet and greet back then. She didn't sign any autographs but did pose for photos. She loved my flower print dress and was lovely. It was a very quick meet though.


 

Princess Jasmine
Where:
Near Agrahba Cafe in Adventureland at the official Aladdin and Friends meet and greet location.
The Disney princesses are some of my favourite Disney characters so it was my aim to meet as many of the princesses as possible. I had wondered off on my own as Alison and Roland were heading back to the hotel for a rest. I had planned to meet Baloo and King Louie from The Jungle Book but then spied a queue for the Jasmine meet and greet and wanted to meet her more. The queue wasn't too bad so I didn't mind waiting. While I was waiting, Jafar walked past and he looked so scary so I was very happy that he wasn't doing the meet. I did worry that Jasmine would change to him but she didn't thankfully. Jasmine did go on a quick break though. I loved the Aladdin meet and greet location with the genie's lamp. At one point, Jafar actually went over to annoy Jasmine which was quite funny. It was then my turn to meet Jasmine. As there was no photopass photographer, I had to give the cast member my camera to take photos for me. Jasmine was so beautiful and lovely. She loved my dress and ears and I told her I was quite cold in my dress. She asked me what I had been up too that day and I actually took a mind blank. I got some lovely photos with her. I do think all the official meet and greets should have photopass photographers at them but the cast members are brilliant at taking photos for you.

Ariel
Where:
Princess Pavilion in Fantasyland
The princess pavilion in Fantasyland has a board up outside which tells you which two princesses are going to be in there that day. I had checked it out earlier on that morning and it said that Rapunzel was going to be on that afternoon from 4pm. I made it my aim to meet Rapunzel in princess pavilion, despite the fact I had already met her at my birthday meal. She is my favourite princess after all. I finished up all my tasks and sat outside Princess Pavilion for about half an hour. I noticed that Rapunzel's name had been taken off the board and it was empty now which confused me. I still joined the 60 minute queue anyways. Apparently it was now going to be a surprise princess. I was hoping for one of the more unusual princesses like Tiana or even Anna from Frozen. A few rumours were floating around while we waited. I was secretly hoping that it would still be Rapunzel. I must have waited about 2 hours in the queue but I was ok as it is all inside and I got chatting to a lovely family from England behind me. Their little girl was adorable in her Ariel mermaid costume. This did make the two our wait a bit more bearable. On my past visit to princess pavilion where you didn't know which princess you were going to meet, you were asked who your favourite princesses were or who you'd like to meet the most. I wasn't asked anything by the cast members this time. I was shown into one of two rooms to find Ariel. I had planned on getting my meet filmed but there was only a photopass photographer in the room without another cast member so that didn't happen. I had actually met Ariel on my last visit to Princess Pavilion in 2015 and I had met her at my birthday meal but I didn't mind meeting her again as she's one of my top 5 favourite princesses. She was so lovely and beautiful. She loved my dress and the gems on my Minnie ears. Like Jasmine, she asked me what I had been up too that day. We then ended up talking about swimming and how I would like her to teach me how to swim in the sea as I can't swim in the sea. She also wanted to know what colour my fin would be, which I said would be pink and sparkly. It wasn't rushed which I liked, despite the long queue. I was a bit gutted at not meeting Rapunzel but Ariel was lovely.

***********************************************************************************************************
Monday 3rd July 2017
Monday was our last full day in Disneyland Paris and I was determined to meet some more characters and fill my day with loads of fun. It was also the hottest day of our trip.


Goofy
Where:
Front Lot in Walt Disney Studios
After meeting a host of random characters in the Front Lot of Walt Disney Studios on the Friday, I had high hopes of meeting some more random characters there on our last day. After watching Mickey and Magician for the second time, I parted ways with Alison, Carol and Roland and headed straight to the Front Lot to see if some characters were about. I must have sat for ages waiting to see if any characters appeared but sadly there were none. Goofy, or Dingo as he's called in Disneyland Paris had his meet and greet so I decided to join the queue to meet him. The queue wasn't overly long which was good. Goofy looked awesome in his Studio's costume and he was very tall too. 

Rapunzel and Flynn
Where:
Old Mill in Fantasyland
After the failure of not meeting characters in the studios, I headed back into the Disneyland Park again in the hope of meeting some more characters. I made my way into Fantasyland to see who all was around and spied two of my favourites doing a random meet and greet in Old Mill which is beside Princess Pavilion. Rapunzel and Flynn were doing a meet and greet and I just HAD to meet them together on my last day. They were going off for a quick break but would be back at 2pm. I was quite happy to wait around in the sunny Fantasyland and wait on them. I then joined the short queue to meet them about half an hour before they were due to return. I didn't have long to wait but as the sun was splitting the slates, I didn't really mind. I was actually one of the last people to meet them which was lucky. When it was my turn, I gave my camera to the cast member to take photos for me as there was no photopass photographer there. Rapunzel and Flynn were utterly amazing and so lovely. Both gave me hugs and loved my princess t-shirt and Rapunzel lanyard. Sadly, Rapunzel wasn't on my t-shirt, despite her princess friends being on it. Flynn wondered if he was on a t-shirt and I said he should definitely be on one as he's awesome. I was so happy to have met my favourite princess and Flynn on my last full day in Disneyland, especially as Rapunzel wasn't in princess pavilion the day before when she was supposed too. They told me they'd see me on parade later on. I hadn't actually planned to watch the parade but after that I decided too. The best part of my day was when Rapunzel and Flynn came over to where I was stood and Rapunzel said "I'm happy to see that again." to me referring to my lanyard from earlier. I did get a bit emotional. It was so amazing and made my day.

Tuesday 4th July 2017
Tuesday was the day we were going home which I was gutted about. I didn't think I'd get to meet any characters. The queue for Donald in our hotel was far too long and I had already met him so I wasn't that bothered.


Pluto
Where:
Sequoia Lodge Hotel
Pluto is the only Disney character I have met on all my Disney trips in Disneyworld back in 2002 and Disneyland Paris in 2005 and 2015 so I had an aim to meet him this trip. Unfortunately, I hadn't been lucky enough to meet him up until this point but when we walked into the Sequoia Lodge hotel, he was doing his meet and greet so Alison and I rushed over to meet him before 11am when his meet and greet was finished. We were the last two people to meet him which was great. There was a photopass photographer there too which was good but I still gave the cast member my camera. Pluto was very playful and I loved how he set my autograph book on his nose to sign it. He then wouldn't give me it back which was funny. I was so happy that I got to meet Pluto as that means he's now the character I've met on every single Disney trip which is something I hope I'll be able to continue on any other Disney trips I'll get to do. I also liked the character meet and greet area
in Sequoia Lodge as well but it was quite dark compared to the Newport Bay area. 

I was very lucky to have met loads of characters on my trip and I had some amazing interactions with the characters I did meet. There are still quite a few characters I would love to meet and hopefully I'll get to go on another Disney trip at some point and get to meet loads more.
 

Comments