Disneyland Paris June/July 2017 Trip Report - Saturday 1st July. A Chilled Out Day

A chilled out day visiting Val D'Europe Shopping Centre, chilling by the pool and shopping in Disney Village.

Outfit of the day: Stripped, cold-shoulder Primark Dress, black knee length leggings from Dunnes and black cardigan from New Look.

We had decided to have a chill out day on the Saturday rather than venture into the parks. The shattered part of me was definitely in agreement with this idea though the other part of me didn't want to waste any time and miss out in park time. It was lashing down outside too so I didn’t fancy going into the parks in the pouring rain either. I think I got up around 8am and got myself washed and dressed. I didn’t bother putting any make-up on. I wore my stripped Primark dress, black cardigan, black leggings and white converse. Breakfast that morning wasn’t in either of the two restaurants, but in a room quite a bit away from the main part of the hotel. I think it was in the convention section, to the left hand side. There was a Once upon a time convention in the hotel a week before we there. There was still a large selection of yummy good thankfully. I had my usual scrambled eggs and bacon with apple juice to drink. After breakfast, I joined the queue to meet Mickey Mouse in our hotel. He was meeting in the little area between the shop and the lifts. I only had to wait about 15 minutes until it was my turn and I got chatting to the Scottish family who were behind me. I was surprised to see a photopass photographer with Mickey which was good. I still got some photos on my phone too. I got three photopass photos taken. Mickey didn’t seem as friendly as the one I met on my birthday. He seemed a little uninterested in my Mickey Mouse bag. 


I then returned to my room to plait my hair and get myself ready. We then got the Disney shuttle bus to the station. It was really busy and people just pushed in front of us. They didn’t even let Carol go on first or give her a seat. When we got to the bus station, we made our way into the train station. I had to go and ask how we get to Val D’Europe. Roland and I went to purchase tickets then we got the lift down to the platform. We only had to wait about 10 minutes before the train pulled up. Val D’Europe was only one stop away from Disney and only took about 5 minutes. It was still lashing down with rain and it was so miserable outside. I had last been to Val D’Europe back in 2005 and the street outside the station looked really familiar to me when we stepped outside the station. The shopping centre wasn’t too far away thankfully.

As soon as we entered, we went through bag check and security. It was so busy though. I put the business down to it being a Saturday and the start of the sales in Paris. We went to the huge supermarket first. I bought a drink, Princess colouring book and some Harry Potter stickers. I should have purchased a new memory card for my camera since one of mine corrupted but I completely forget all about it. Then we went to McDonalds for something to eat. It was crazy busy and people were so, so rude. I got several dirty looks from people as I walked to an empty table. They didn’t even move out of our way. I ordered my usual of cheese burger and chips. I ate quickly as I couldn’t be dealing with the rude people in McDonalds. Alison and I then paid the toy shop which was next door a visit but none of us bought anything.

We then went to visit Sephora, the make up shop. I had heard so many people talk about this shop so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. In my opinion, it was overrated and very expensive. I only bought some face masks, a hand mask for Vera and a lip gloss which was in the sale. I wanted to go into Uniclo to see if it sold much Disney clothing but it was utter rubbish. I think the one in Disney Springs in Orlando is far better and sells more Disney clothing. I didn’t actually see any ladies Disney stuff. I was gutted that Primark hadn’t opened yet. It wasn’t due to open until September. There was a shop that sold fandom stuff which was right up our streets. I bought a Regina from once upon a time funko pop. I was beginning to get fed up and the crazy crowds weren’t helping matters. People were so rude and would sooner walk into you than walk around you. I was very tired too. 

We decided to call it a day and made our way back to the train station. There were huge crowds of people waiting to get into the shopping centre. I wasn’t impressed at the lack of security in the train station. There weren't any bag checks or anything.  I honestly didn’t feel safe. Even when we got on the near empty train, I didn’t really feel safe either. I just wanted to get back to Disney where I did feel safe. My anxiety wasn’t helped when the train stopped randomly. I was happy to see that the rain had stopped by now and the sun was out. Alison and I visited the shops in the train station before we had to go through the Disney security into the Disney Village. We went into the World of Disney for a walk around but I was failing badly. We wandered back to the hotel and straight up to our room to chill for a short while. 

Then Alison and I headed down to our hotel pool. I was expecting it to be quite busy due to the bad weather but since the sun was out now, most people had probably gone into the parks. I got changed into my bikini and flip flops. Alison and I had the same Minnie Mouse flip flops. The pool wasn’t busy at all. The actual pool was quite cold, especially after being in the hot tub. It was also quite deep and came up to my shoulders. I swam about for a bit and used some of the floats that had been provided. It was very relaxing, just what I needed after the busy few days we had, had in the parks. The outdoor pool was even open which surprised me. I did have to swim out to it, under the little bridge. It was maybe a bit too cold outside to fully appreciate the outdoor pool, plus there was no one out in it. The pool would have been perfect on a really hot summer's day. We stayed for about an hour I think before we got bored. We got our belongings out of the lockers and wrapped our towels around us then headed back to our room still in our swim suits. 

Alison went to the shower first while I sat on my bed, wrapped in my towel. I then grabbed a shower and got dressed in a pair of jeans and my squad goals princess top. Once we were all ready, we headed into Disney Village to Planet Hollywood for food. I had the turkey club sandwich and chips and a bug’s life mocktail to drink. My food was really yummy but sadly, due to my toothache, I really struggled to enjoy it. 


Afterwards, Alison and I visited some shops but I was so, so tired and struggling. I managed to talk Alison into going back to the hotel. Roland had purchased some new earplugs which was good so I popped them into my ears to see if I could get anymore sleep. I think this was the night that me, Alison and Carol took the giggles but I can’t remember when it was.

Comments