A busy week - A weekly Blog

I don't weekly vlog or blog but as I have just had a really busy week, I thought I'd talk you through what all I got up too.

My weeks aren't usually that exciting. I go to work, come home, have dinner, get changed into my pyjamas and then settle down to watch television. I may have the odd thing on here and there, such as the Girls Brigade. On this occasion, I had things pencilled in for every evening, as well as working my usual 5 days/30 hours.

So let me talk you through my busy week..


Monday 21st October 2019
Monday was my day off and I was so ready for it. The previous week, Simon and I had been away to Enniskillen for two nights for our anniversary with working before and after so I didn't really have time to recover. I hadn't any real plans for my day off other than the usual washing and a spot of house work. Like most of my days off, I slept in to about 9am. Simon gets up to work between 6am and 6:30am so I tend to sleep on and off between him getting up and him leaving for work. On my days off, I seem to be on complete slow mode and take my time doing everything. I got up and had my breakfast then jumped in the shower, got dressed and tidied up the bedroom. I then put on a load of washing that needed doing. I don't know what happens on my days off, because I seem to blink and miss half my day. Once I got some house work chores done, I sat myself down on the sofa, all nice in comfortable under a blanket to catch up on some Youtube. Simon leaves work at around 4:45 so I made a start on dinner just after 5. I made sweet potato mash, gammon steaks with mine done in honey and soy sauce. Sadly, this meal did not turn out as nice as the first time I made it. Simon is the main cook out of the two of us but I am slowly learning. I then had to go to Girls Brigade for 6:30pm. I was only there for an hour. My little ones were decorating hedgehogs with gold paper which I had to cut out into triangles for them to stick on. I had fun making one too for one of my girls who weren't there. 


Afterwards, I headed out to my Dad's house as my sister, Vera was coming over to try on her bridesmaid dress on for me. She didn't finish work until 8 so I had to wait for a bit. Thankfully, Vera was happy with her dress which was good as I didn't want to have to try and find new ones. I then headed home, got into my pyjamas to watch an episode of Taskmaster which was me and Simon's new favourite TV show. We had sort of stopped watching Grey's Anatomy and This is Us. Simon and I were in bed for around 10am.

Tuesday 22nd October
I was back to work, starting at 9:30am. I was up about 6:30am and got myself ready for work, leaving the house at around 9am. It's a good time to leave as I miss all the main school's traffic. There are two grammar schools on my main route into town. Work was as busy as ever in terms of there was plenty to do but not very many customers around. I prefer doing a full day as the shift goes in much quicker. I finished at 5:30pm then went to pick up Lisa who I work with as she was coming out to my house to go my nails. After I picked her up, we called into The Spar to get some bread and a pizza for dinner. The freezer was empty but we got the very yummy ham, cheese and mushroom fancy pizza which was very yummy. Lisa and I sat and had a good gossip about life while she did my nails. Our set up in the living room wasn't really ideal but it did the job. We had The chase on in the background. Simon disappeared to the office to give us peace. I got extensions put on my nails for the first time, though I didn't get them too long. I went for a bright red colour. It took a few hours to do then I took Lisa home. I was really impressed by my nails. Simon and I fitted in another episode of Taskmaster
then went to bed.



Wednesday 23rd October
I didn't start work until 1:30pm. This gives me a lot of extra time in the morning to chill but just like my days off, I blink and miss half the morning. I was up around 9am, got breakfast then began getting myself ready for work. Then I made myself beans, cheese on toast for lunch. I left the house just before 1pm and managed to get parked in the shopping centre car park. Work was a bit manic again as we had, had a large delivery in so there was plenty to keep me occupied for my four hour shift. My stomach began to hurt though which I thought was my reflux flaring up. At half 5, I raced to my car then rushed home, quickly got changed and had fish and chips for dinner. Simon and I were going back into town to the Fairhill shopping centre which stays open to 9pm on a Wednesday night to meet with my old Minister to discuss our wedding ceremony plans. My stomach was getting worse and more uncomfortable. I took a tablet for my IBS in the hope that it would ease the pain. We were meeting David at 7pm at Starbucks. He was already there so me and Simon ordered our drinks. I opted for tea but it wasn't nice at all and I love my tea and I love Starbucks. I didn't want to go for a coffee drink though because of my stomach. David just talked us through everything like the forms we had to fill in and send away before our wedding. I think we were with David for about an hour. Simon and I did a few messages in the shopping centre before heading home. It surprised me at how many shops weren't actually open to 9pm. My stomach was still sore and uncomfortable. I was very glad to get home and get changed into my pyjamas. I was very glad to get into bed.


Thursday 24th October
I got up around 7am, though Simon insisted on tickling me. I hate being tickled. I had a few things to go before I left for work as I was attending the Ballymena Business Awards in the evening. I had to leave out my dress, shoes and bag then pack my make up into a bag as I was supposed to be going to Vera's house to get Zoe to do my hair and make up. I then left for work before half 10. It was another very busy day in work with 101 things to do. I finished work at 5pm. I rushed out of work and straight home. Zoe had changed the plans so she was now coming out to my house. This gave me the chance to grab a very quick shower which was much needed after a busy day at work. I was home before Simon. I made myself a cup of tea and pulled on my pair of pyjama bottoms, tank top and a zip up jumper. There was no point me putting my dress on in case I got make up on it. I was getting anxious waiting for Zoe. She finally arrived with her boyfriend James. She did my make up which turned out lovely and then curled my hair, pinning part of it up at the side. I then put on my dress and shoes. My dress was a black off the shoulder one from Quiz, which belonged to Zoe. My shoes were my trusty silver ones that I wore on Vera's wedding. I also had my silver bag from Quiz. Simon took me and Leah to the awards at Tullyglass Hotel. There were about 500 people there which were a lot. We were sat at table 32 along with Mary and Martha's Tea Room. I was sat beside Lauren's Mum, Linda. All the ladies from work looked amazing. There were a few speeches first then we had our starter which was two chicken bites, two prawns and two breaded garlic mushrooms which was very nice. I went for salmon for my main but I wasn't overly hungry and it was quite late at night to be eating a large meal. After the main course, the first 12 awards were announced. Sadly, we didn't win the Customer Service retail sector award that we were finalist for. I'm not going to lie, I was rather gutted as we all work so hard. We did get a certificate though which made us all very happy. After the first 12 awards, we had our sweet which was white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. My manager bought us all a drink. I had a malibu and diet coke. The second part of the awards then happened. By this time I had sort of switched off and wasn't really paying attention. The last few awards seemed to drag on. I was originally going to get picked up at 10:30 by Simon but it was nowhere near finished. We didn't even stay for the party or get to have a dance which was a shame. It was half 11 by the time the awards had finished and I had work at 9am the next morning. I got a lift home with Leah, who had school the next day. It was freezing cold outside and getting frosty. Leah kindly let me wear her jacket until I got home. 

 Dress and bag from Quiz


Friday 25th October
I was absolutely shattered and only got 5 hours sleep and being up twice in the middle of the night for the bathroom. I did manage to get myself ready and leave the house at a reasonable time. It was so frosty outside and it was the first morning I had to defrost my car. I still managed to get to work 15 minutes early so sat in the car with the heat on until my manager arrived. It was another very busy day in work. My manager was doing interviews so there was only two of us on the floor and we had a large delivery to do. I was so tired by the time 5pm came and just wanted to go home to my pyjamas and sofa. I left work at 5pm and went to get a few messages before heading home. I grabbed a quick shower as Simon and I were heading out for my cousin Donna's 50th birthday dinner.  It wasn't until half 7 so we went into town early and went into the shopping centre to get her something else along with a mug I had bought her. We called into Card Factory to see Vera and Rachel who were working. We then went to Rococo which is one of my favourite places to eat in Ballymena. It was a surprise party so Donna had no idea it was happening. I was getting rather hungry though and we had to wait until everyone who had ordered starters had got those. I was so ready for my Chinese chicken and chips. It is probably my favourite meal to order in Rococo. My food was as amazing as always, though the chips weren't great. I had pre-ordered cheesecake for dessert but I didn't know what sort of cheesecake was on the menu that evening. I had seen a pink coloured one which worried me. Thankfully when the waitress brought the dessert out it was Bailey's cheesecake which is one of my favourites and it was so good. Next up the cake came out which was in the shape of a Liverpool FC t-shirt which looked so cool. If I had interest in football, I would support Liverpool. Simon supports Manchester United. We actually stayed out later than we had expected and it wasn't a bad wee night out. 

 Out for dinner.

Saturday 26th October
I woke up at 8am as I didn't have to start work until 11:30am. I got myself a cup of coffee then ready for work. We have to wear black clothes to work but on Saturdays, we can wear what we want which is nice. Simon and I headed into town early, taking both cars as it meant Simon didn't have to come into town to get me. We parked in my church car park. I got rang by work to see if I could start any earlier but as I was getting the flu injection at 10:10am, I said I couldn't start until after that. We had a bit of a mission to get me some breakfast before I got my injection as I hadn't eaten yet. We had planned to get breakfast afterwards. I grabbed a ham and cheese thing which kept me going. I was nervous about getting the injection as I don't like needles and was worried about the side affects. It wasn't too sore thankfully. It was then off to work I went. Simon came with me to look at the duvet covers as we were talking about purchasing a new, heavier one for our bed. We opted for a feather and down one. I wouldn't have thought to go with this type of quilt before. He also picked a quilted throw for our bed too which I had been eyeing up for ages. Work was pretty busy but not crazy busy that you'd want the Saturday after pay day to be. I got given a chocolate orange though which made me very happy. I then headed home and stopped in at the garage to pick up a pizza and cappuccino cheesecake desserts for dessert. They were so tasty. We got changed into our pyjamas and got onto the sofa to watch some more Taskmaster as we always struggle to pick a movie to watch.

 Our New quilted throw.

Sunday 27th October
Finally, I had another day off, a much needed day off. I woke up about half 9, even with the clocks going back and getting an extra hour in bed but I was absolutely shattered after my very busy week. Simon had been up for ages. The two of us did a sprint clean of the house and did some much needed washing. Simon changed the duvet to our new goose feather one and put clean bedding onto it. After we had a very quick but good clean and tidy up, I made brunch which was poached eggs and bacon on toast. I grabbed a shower and got dressed but it was so warm I kind of forgot to get out. Once the two of us were ready, we took a trip into town to visit The Range, stopping off in Smyths toys where I purchased part of Alison's birthday present. I love walking around The Range but we were there with the purpose of looking for a towel rail for the bathroom but I always get distracted by the craft stuff. We picked up a few bits and looked at getting a new unit for the hall. Afterwards we went to Sainsburys to get a food shop in. It was then back home to do more washing and make the dinner which was chicken curry and rice. Then back into our pyjamas and onto the sofa for more Taskmaster. The bed was so warm and cosy with our new duvet on it. So cosy that I didn't want to get out of it.

Comments