How I spent Lockdown part 2

After being off for 11 weeks due to my work being closed, I went back on Monday 8th June. I was nervous and worried about going back but looking forward to seeing the girls again and having some sort of normal routine again. I was back at work for 3 weeks and had settled into this "new normal" that everyone has been going on about. I enjoyed being back and the anxiety settled down too.

I was then put on furlough again for two weeks while the other half of our team came back to work. One of the biggest things to happen during my 3 weeks back to work, was that Simon and I had to move out of the house we were renting after 2 years. We decided to move back in with my Dad for the time being so moved in on the 26th, 2 days before I went back onto furlough again.

So, what did I get up too on my two weeks off? Especially with a lot of the lock down restrictions being lifted.

Sunday 28th June
Simon and I had planned to go out for a drive somewhere just to get out of the house, but the weather had other ideas. Instead, we sorted out our room as we didn't have a chance to properly do that when we moved into my dad's on the Thursday. It gave us a chance to locate our belongings and organise everything. I made pasta bake for dinner than evening then spent time colouring in while Simon played his playstation. My sister, Vera came over and brought me a birthday balloon and banners which was nice. It was really nice to chill as my last week working was a bit crazy what with moving in with my Dad on my only day off. Which just happened to be the hottest day of the year.


 
Our room at my Dad's

Monday 29th June
My 33rd birthday. What a strange birthday it was. I woke up early and Simon had disappeared. Thankfully, he only went to the shop to buy me a bunch of beautiful flowers. I got myself ready and headed into town, taking Vera into work. I joined the longish queue for Primark as I had something to return. The queues for my local Primark have been crazy since it opened again and honestly, the stock has been rubbish. I did a few messages around town and even popped into work to see the ladies before heading home. When I got home, I grabbed something to eat then opened my birthday presents. The dude from Sky was there installing our Sky TV. Simon headed into work so I watched Tangled then went to Sainsbury's to get a food shop. I didn't have to queue for long and raced around the shop. I love doing a food shop now with the smaller crowds. Shame the same can't be said about Asda... I came home and helped Simon make dinner.

 
Birthday banners , cards and balloon 
Tuesday 30th June
Tuesday was my first day where I was kind of on my own. Simon had to go into work. I finished watching Tangled and watched a few other things including; Bedtime Stories and Into The Unknown - The Making of Frozen. It was very strange just chilling in my bedroom on my own. I did make some potato and leek soup for me and my Dad for lunch. I also had to nip into Argos in Sainsburys to pick up a sky remote for Dad as we somehow lost ours. I made egg, bacon and chips for dinner that evening as Simon had to go to his Mum's house with a food order. It was a very quiet day all in all. I did manage to paint my nails.

Wednesday 1st July
This was the first day where I felt really restless at being home on my own. Well, I wasn't on my own because Simon was working in the spare room. I don't know what it was but it felt strange, despite the fact I used to spend all my time off in my bedroom when I lived with Dad. After lunch, I decided to take myself into town and Zoe agreed to come with me. We braved the very long queue for Primark again but it moved quickly. Again, they had nothing new in and everything had been picked over. My town was actually quite busy in general. That evening I watched more of the Making of Frozen2, while Simon did some more work and watched football with my Dad.

Thursday 2nd July
I woke up to the news that McFly were bringing out a new album soon and this made me very excited. Simon had to go into work for a meeting. I went up to Junction 1 in Antrim to Asda with Vera and Zoe. It was crazy busy and a very uncomfortable experience, especially with no one social distancing. Zoe then took the country roads route back home which made me feel a little groggy. Simon and I made chicken curry for dinner then he played playstation while I listened to McFly and coloured in.

Friday 3rd July
Friday was all about Frozen2 being released onto Disney+. Though it took me all blooming day to get sitting down to watching it. I had to do a message at the shop, put on a load of washing and goodness knows what else. But it was after lunch time by the time I finally got sat down to watch Frozen. I made myself comfortable on he bed with my blanket wrapped around me. I kept having to pause it though. But I did thoroughly enjoy it. Hamilton was released too but I wasn't in any hurry to watch it. I somehow managed to do an Elsa plait in my hair for the first time ever.

Saturday 4th July
Saturday didn't start off as a great day for me. I wasn't in good form. I really hate those days where your mental health takes an unexpected dip without any explanation. Once, I pulled myself together, I got ready and went from having Elsa hair to Hermione Granger hair. Simon and I went for a drive to Portrush. When we got there, we just went for a walk and returned to the car then home in time for lunch. I had to ring our wedding venue to speak to our coordinator and managed to get our date changed to next year. We managed to get Season 4 of Chuck finished and completely finish Community. 

 
Me and Simon in Portrush

Sunday 5th July
Another strange day for me mentally. I think the restlessness was really setting in for me. The weather didn't help matters either as it rained on and off all day, which meant we couldn't really go out and do anything. The weather really hasn't been good to me on during my time off this time. I did some washing then chilled for a bit before we prepared lunch which was ready about 3pm. After that, we settled down to watch The Phantom Menice. We then had a light supper before watching the start of Chuck - Season 5. 

Monday 6th July
Knowing I had something to do, definitely made me feel better. After breakfast, I went into Sainsburys to do our food shop. It was again, a very enjoyable experience. I returned home and Simon had gone into the office as my next door neighbour was getting work done to the front of his house meaning Simon didn't have any peace and quiet for his meetings. Dad made me and him lunch, before going to help my sister at her new house. I watched some youtube and wrote and edited some blog posts before making a start on dinner. In the evening, Simon played playstation while I listened to some music and surfed the internet.

Tuesday 7th July
I woke up around 9am and had some breakfast, showered and dressed. This took me up to about lunch time. I then took myself into town just to get out of the house but it wasn't a great experience. The shopping centre was very busy with large groups of people which made me very anxious. I queued up for Primark and watched a couple try and queue jump while ignoring the security guard directing people. Primark was as rubbish as expected with nothing new in, not that I was looking for anything in particular. Plus, it was an absolute mess inside. I only visited a couple of other shops, only purchasing vitamins for my Dad, a vest top and a pair of shorts for myself. I came out home with the aim of watching Grey's Anatomy while my Dad was out (only get Sky tv on Dad's tv downstairs). My sister, Vera appeared, finding a newly hatched bird in our back yard. I then went with her to see her new house and gave a hand unpacking some boxes for her. I then came home and made Simon, Dad and I some fish and chips for dinner. My brother, David came around to deliver some fresh fish we had ordered for us. 

Wednesday 8th July
Wednesday was one of the days where I really felt like a lost sheep. We received the paperwork in the post for our new wedding date so I had to get in contact with the local registrar but sadly, they didn't have availability for our new date which was annoying. I was also annoyed that the lady emailing me wanted to contact our venue and change our date for us again. There was no way I was changing the date for a fourth time so we decided to look for someone else to officiate our wedding. It stressed me out a lot. That evening we made salmon and mash potato for dinner. Simon then sent me to the shop to get some yummy snacks. 

Thursday 9th July
I was finally getting out of the house again which I was happy about. I was very restless being at home this time around, since we're living at my Dad's. I was due to go to Ikea in Belfast with Zoe and Vera but we got delayed as my brother arrived and took some stuff over to her new house. We finally got on our way to Belfast with Zoe driving. It took us about 40 minutes to get to Ikea. Thankfully, the queue wasn't too long so we only had to wait about 10 minutes to get inside. It was nice and quiet inside which I appreciated. I enjoy walking around Ikea looking at all the home stuff but I was gutted we no longer have a home of our own to buy stuff for. It was much busier when we went downstairs. I picked up a few things including two candles. (Can you really go to Ikea and not buy candles?). We then drove over to the new McDonalds beside Tescos to get some lunch. I hadn't had a McDonalds since January and was really looking forward to it. It was back over to Hollywood Exchange again to go to Home Bargains. I purchased a few items in there too but I had to reign myself in again. Then it was home time. We were home just before 5pm. Simon made home made burgers for dinner with frozen chips but I wasn't overly hungry. That evening Simon played his Playstation and I coloured in. 

Friday 10th July
I didn't have the best night's sleep. It took me forever to get over. Then I woke at around 4am and it took me forever to get back over again. I woke up after 9am. I didn't actually get out of bed until near 10am. I grabbed breakfast then showered. I took a trip to the Post office to post our wedding venue confirmation and a gift for Alison. The car park at the garage was full and the little car park I used to park in for my old job, was full too. Town looked so busy so I had to go park down the street and walk to the garage. Even it was crazy busy inside, with the queue nearly being out the door. Luckily, I was only going to the post office and it wasn't busy. I left town and went to the local shop near Dad's house to get something for lunch. I ended up getting soaked walking back over to my car. I made Simon and I lunch then hoovered our room and chilled for a little bit. That evening we went to the shop to get an ice lolly then helped my sister to take over the last of the stuff to her new house. We stayed there for a while, helping. 

Saturday 11th July
I woke up early and got myself ready to head into town to meet Melissa from work for a coffee. We met in a local cafe that I hadn't ate in, in years. I had a vanilla latte and a salted caramel brownie. We had a good catch up. I then went to work to get my hours as I was trying to get a much needed appointment with a hairdressers. I then headed home as I didn't want to go around any more shops. I felt very uncomfortable. We didn't really do much on Saturday afternoon. We did watch Star Wars - Attack of the Clones as Simon has been introducing me to the Star Wars movies. 

Sunday 12th July
Simon and I had hoped to get out and about. I woke to the sun shining so dressed in my Minnie Mouse Cath Kidston dress. We decided to go to Portglenone Forest as we knew everywhere else would be really busy with it being a bank holiday. We stopped off at a garage on the way to get some sandwiches for lunch. The weather annoyingly changed to wet and cold so we didn't stay long, especially as I wasn't dressed for the occasion. We returned home, made cups of tea then watched the next Star Wars movie in the saga - Revenge of the Sith. We had now watched six Star Wars movies. I was actually enjoying them. We then made dinner which was chicken with roasted vegetables. Afterwards, we watched a couple of episodes of Chuck and the first two episodes of season 2 of After Life.

I had a very strange two weeks off this time around and I honestly didn't enjoy them. I was restless and found it hard to settle. I don't know whether that was because we were now living with my Dad or not. The weather wasn't too great either which didn't help. Even though, I could get out and about more this time, I didn't really want too as going into town stressed me out due to the large crowds. 

I'm off again from the 20th July to 27th July so it'll be interesting to see how I manage that week.

Comments