Weekly Blog - Moving in Week

 I had planned to blog my weeks off but since I've had a lot of time off this year with being off on furlough, I thought it pointless. However, I was off from the 12th to 19th October 2020 and as Simon and I moved into our new house, I thought I'd blog what I got up too.

Sunday 11th October
Sundays off are quite strange for us. I definitely appreciate being off on Sundays now and don't miss working them at all. However, Simon and I never know what to do. It's hard finding something exciting to do in the middle of a global pandemic. Usually, we'd have a lazy movie day. As Simon and I had received the keys to our new house, we decided to take some stuff out to the house. We packed up the car and headed out there. Our new house was about 10 minutes away from my Dad's house. It's kind of in the middle of the countryside. We unloaded the car into the kitchen. I started unloading boxes of kitchen stuff and began washing it all. I think we stayed there until after 6pm. We then returned back to my Dad's to make dinner then settle down to watch Onward on Disney+. I quite enjoyed Onward. We managed a few episodes of Lucifer too. It was then time for bed as we both had a long day ahead of us.

Monday 12th October
Simon was up really early and left before my alarm went off. He was heading to Belfast to pick up his Dad and the hire removal van. I woke at 7:30 and jumped in the shower. I was running around the place like a blue assed fly trying to get myself ready and pack things into bags. It got to the point where I was just throwing things into bags with no organisation. Vera arrived at 9:15am, the time I told her too as I was heading to Newtonabbey to pick up my new car. I hadn't had my breakfast yet so I wolfed down some tea and toast. Once I was ready, Vera and I jumped in Bertha by Fiat 500 and drove to Newtonabbey which is outside of Belfast. The drive was fine and I managed the huge round about fine this time around. I was surprised that I wasn't overly sad about saying "goodbye" to by Fiat 500. My new Vauxhall Viva was parked right outside the main doors. Amy, the amazing sales advisor, was waiting on us. I was slightly late so apologised for being so. I had already signed all my documents via email so I hadn't really much to do. I did have to ring Axa to change over my car insurance which was easy enough. I changed my address over while I was on the phone. I had stupidly forgot my Fiat log book but I knew it was in the house somewhere. Amy talked me through everything and presented me with my gardax cleaning pack and my wheel inflating pack. The biggest surprise was when Amy gifted me with a beautiful bunch of flowers. I was completely overwhelmed. I definitely wasn't expecting it.


My beautiful Flowers

It was time to see my brand new car and it was so pretty. I had picked the name "Molly" for her. Amy showed me what all the buttons etc do and how to get everything working. I probably didn't retain all of the information. I also got my bluetooth set up so I could listen to my music. I didn't have a CD player anymore.
It was the time to leave in my new car. I was a little nervous about driving my new car, especially on the motorway for the first time but I managed ok with the Fiat. It was easy enough to get onto the motorway and the drive back to Dad's was fine, quite enjoyable actually. I had to stop in at a local garage to the post office to tax my new car before I went back to my Dad's house. I ran around my Dad's packing up bags and got Vera to help pack up my car. It was time to take my fave little furry friends on their first adventure in my new car out to the new house. I had to make a stop in at the garage to pick up some lunch for myself and some stuff for Simon and Wes. I then drove out to the new house. I was worried about having to cut across a busy duel carriage way but it wasn't too bad. 
Simon and Wes weren't there when I arrived so I unpacked the car and began sorting stuff out. Simon and Wes arrived and we had some lunch. I warmed up the chicken curry and rice for the boys in the microwave for the first time while I had sandwiches. Simon and Wes headed away to the storage locker again to get the last load while I washed more dishes and unpacked. I continued doing this until they returned with the last of the furniture. We stopped for a much needed cup of tea then they left to head back to Belfast again. We had planned on going back to Dad's to get the last of our things but Simon thought we could leave it a day. However, I had forgotten to pack our toiletries, so we didn't even have shampoo or tooth brushes. Simon had stopped off at his Mum's for dinner so I offered to go to Dad's. Once there, I made myself some beans and chips and packed up the last of our stuff, well the stuff we really needed. I packed up my car again and headed back to the new house. I still managed to forget Simon's toothbrush and his pyjamas. Simon arrived and built the bed for us. The house was quite cold but we couldn't get the boiler working. The two of us finally decided to call it a night and got to bed. It was quite cold though.

Tuesday 13th October
I managed to get a decent night's sleep in our new house. I did notice how dark it was, living in the country with no street lights.  Simon woke us up about 8am. I made us tea and toast for breakfast. It was another morning of sorting out and finding homes for everything.
 We decided to take a trip to The Range to pick up a few bits for the house. We had to call into my Dad's as well to pick up more of our stuff. Visiting the Range was always dangerous for us as we end up spending too much money. We were planning on purchasing a new coffee table and TV unit for the living room but the sales assistant didn't bother coming to help us but instead stood chatting to her friends. After visiting the range, we went out to my Dad's house to get the rest of our stuff. It amazed me how much we stuff we had taken to my Dad's. It didn't help that I had just chucked everything into bags. We stopped in a local garage on the way home to pick up a few things. Then it was off home to do more unpacking and make dinner. We couldn't get our oven working but at least we had the hob. My Dad, Vera and Zoe came out to see the house and brought the very last of our stuff out that we couldn't fit into the car. When they left, we both had baths then dressed in our pyjamas to watch Lucifer.

Wednesday 14th October
Simon and I had decided to go to Ikea on a shopping trip to get some things for the new house. We headed off early in the hope to beat the crowds. I think we got there for about 11am. We didn't get leaving as early as we would have liked. The journey took about 40 minutes. The car park of Ikea wasn't too busy and the shop wasn't busy either. We didn't have to queue to get inside. We had a quick walk around the shop, having a look at ideas then we went down to the market place to get our things. We picked up quite a few bits and pieces for the new house, including blinds for our bedroom window. Both Simon and I were exhausted so tried to get out as quick as possible. We also paid the Next home store a visit and Home Bargains. I do wish we had a Home Bargains in my town. We then went to visit Simon's Mum and Dad as we were having lunch there. We had a good catch up and enjoyed chicken curry, rice and chips for lunch. We stayed until after 3pm then headed home. I was exhausted by the time we got home. That evening, we made ourselves comfortable on the sofa to watch Lucifer. 

Thursday 15th October
Today was our 3rd anniversary of our very first meeting. It would also have been my parent's 54th wedding anniversary. We had planned to go out again but our landlord appeared to have a look at our oven. Ideally, we would have been going away for a few days for our anniversary but due to covid-19 and the hotels all closing, we couldn't. Once our landlord went away, Simon and I headed to see my Dad then we went to Sainsburys to pick up a few items. We returned to the house and I made pasta for lunch as our oven still wasn't working. Another afternoon of sorting out commenced. It felt like we weren't getting anywhere fast but I was glad I had the full week off. We had ordered a new bed and a desk for Simon's office but both were delayed. This meant we couldn't get moved into our new room but we had the spare room all set up for us. I think we ended up ordering a take away that evening from a local pizza place which was new for us. 

Friday 16th October
We decided not to leave the house and get on with organising and putting things away. Someone came to look at our oven and boiler again. I began sorting through all the boxes in the office and managed to get my book shelf set up in the spare room with my Disney and Harry Potter stuff. My little furry friends got placed in their new home which was our Ikea chair with my Hufflepuff cushion and throw behind them. I was only having one bookshelf now rather than two so a lot of my Harry Potter stuff was being put in boxes. My actual Harry Potter books and DVDs were going onto the bookshelves in the office. Simon helped with my Disney display as I was struggling to find a home for my shoe decorations. There was still no sign of our bed and Simon's desk.

Saturday 17th October
Simon woke up early and went to Ikea for shop opening as he wanted to get a few things. I was left to my own devices. I slept in then made myself some breakfast. Then I began unpacking some more stuff. My stomach was hurting due to mother nature but the pain that kicked in was unbearable. I went to make myself a hot water bottle and I burst into tears. Simon arrived back at this point and I was never as happy to see him. He thought something bad had happened because I was in floods of tears due to the pain. Simon got me to make myself comfortable on the sofa and he put Moana on for me. Dad then arrived and we had forgotten he was coming around to watch the football with Simon. The boiler man and our landlord arrived too. Talk about bad timing. I grabbed my pillow and disappeared to the bedroom and got into bed with my hot water bottle to play Happy Colour on the tablet. It appeared I had pulled a muscle in my stomach and it mixed with period pains was not fun at all. Simon got me to take some painkillers which kind of eased the pain. This knocked me back a lot as I couldn't really do much. I was able to sit in the office and watch Simon build the Ikea furniture. He got me a set of drawers and a bookshelf for the office. 

My week off went in so quickly, especially with us moving house. The last two times I moved house, I only had 1 or two days which was crazy but at least we had more time. My week off didn't end in the best way with me having a pulled muscle in my stomach which floored me for two days. 

Comments