What I carry in Isaac's Pram Bag


Isaac's Pram Bag from Amazon £28

What I carry in Isaac's Pram bag

A pram bag is an essential item for any Mum, too carry essential items for her baby/child. Some prams come with a matching bag, especially if you buy a package deal. Our pram didn't come with a bag so I purchased one on Amazon on Amazon prime day for £28. I saw some bags online for £90 which is crazy. In my opinion, you don't need an expensive bag. I do find our one to be quite bulky but it fits under our pram nicely. 

Top Mum tip: check your bag before leaving the house incase you've forgotten any important items. I've managed to do it a few times. 

1) Nappies - Nappies are an essential item for any mum of a baby or toddler who hasn't been potty trained. How many you carry is completely up to you. You can never carry too many nappies. I once went out without any and wasn't near a shop to purchase some. I usually check the bag before I go out too. 

2) Wipes - To clean up those tiny little bottoms when changing nappies. Wipes are also handy to clean messy little hands or dirty faces or any other messes that may occur. 

3) Nappy sacks - Some people don't like using nappy sacks to dispose of their nappies but I've been using them since Isaac was born. They're also good to store wet or dirty clothes while you're out as they mask the smells due to being scented. 

4) Muslin cloths - I usually have about 3 in my bag. Isaac was prone to throwing up often due to reflux. He'd have the odd spew here and there now so I always carry some. 

5) Spare clothes - I tend to carry 1 extra outfit but I currently have 2 as at the time of writing this (2/6/23) we're in the middle of a heatwave. I always have 2 vests incase of emergency. I've got 2 tshirts, pair of joggers, 2 vests and 1 pair of shorts. 

6) Tissues - My nose runs constantly so I always have packets of tissues with me.

7) Dummy wipes - Isaac likes to throw his dummies out of the pram and we'd end up having no clean ones. Someone recommended Milton sterilise wipes to clean dummies with so we wouldn't run out. 

8) Changing Mat - A small changing mat came with the bag. It's good to put on top of changing tables in public changing rooms as they never look the cleanist. Isaac is getting too big for his one though. 

9) Bib - Isaac is 8 months old so is onto weaning and I always use one of the plastic type bibs that are easily wiped clean. I got 3 from TKmaxx for £5.99.

10) Sanitiser - Since the pandemic, I've always carried hand sanitizer with me. It's always good to carry some when working with a baby. 

11) Child's Farm Moisturiser/Sudacream- I have a travel sized one that I carry in Isaac's bag just incase. The Sudacream was a sample I got in a free bag thing. 

12) Deodorant - This is for me. I so parinoid of smelling bad with BO so I always carry deodorant with me. Sometimes when I'm out with Isaac I get myself into a tizzy and end up sweating so bad. 

13) Snack bag with spoon, little tub, straws - the little pouch was £3 from Primark and is actually a make up bag. I carry reusuable straws in there for me as I hate paper straws. The little tub is to put food into for Isaac. Spoon to feed Isaac with. 

14) Snacks - melting sticks or a yoghurt
If I'm going to be out for a while, I'll pack some of the Ella's Kitchen melting sticks which are like crisps for babies or a yogurt type dessert. I'll give this to Isaac if we're going in for coffee and he's not due a bottle or feed. (not pictured). 

15) Bottle of Milk - Isaac still drinks 210ml every 4 hours. I always make up a bottle before I go and put it into one of the insulated bags I got with our Tommee Tippee bottle kit. 

16) Food pouch - Isaac really likes the Ella's kitchen food pouches which are so handy to take with you when you're heading out. I don't think there's one of them that he hasn't liked yet. They don't need heated up which is good. You can if you want too of course. 

17) Spare dummies - As I've mentioned before, Isaac tends to throw his dummies out of the pram, so it's good to have a few spare in case we end up loosing some. I keep the spares in a little plastic case which holds about 4.

18) Teething gel - Isaac has got 2 teeth already but sometimes he appears to be teething. I carry some just incase his wee mouth is bothering him. 

19) Plastic bag/ Reusuable bag - As you have to pay for plastic bags here in Northern Ireland, I always carry bags with me. You can never have too many. I have about 3 in my handbag but I keep a couple in the pram bag too. 

20) Toys - Toys is the thing I tend to forget the most to put into the bag. It'll always be a few small items that he can chew or play about with in his pram. 

21) Suncream/Hat (only on hot days) - Now that we're in the summer and are in the middle of a heatwave, I won't be leaving the house without suncream. Well, unless it's cold and lashing down with rain. I got Nivea baby suncream, factor 50 from Boots. I've been smothering Isaac in suncream this past week when I've been outside with him, just to be in the safe side. You can never be too careful. 

22) Sippy cup with water - Especially when we're out for long periods or when the weather is warm. I have a red Tommy Tippee sipper that has a straw inside it. I think it was around £5. It's important to keep the little ones hydrated. 

I think that is everything. Some of the stuff mentioned isn't in the photo above as I took the photo on a rush lol. Some may say, I take too much but with a baby, you can never be too careful. Isaac might not need a single thing from his bag one day, but need his clothes changed twice on another. 

Comments