My Birthday Celebrations

Happy Birthday To Me

I don't actually turn 28 until tomorrow but as I'm back to work tomorrow, I decided to celebrate my birthday yesterday and today.

On Monday and Tuesday I went to see about getting a new car as I've been without a car for a couple of months now. Monday's search proved completely and utterly useless but Tuesday's look was much better. I went to see a black Corsa that belonged to a friend of my sister's boyfriend. I fell in love and even had a little drive around in it to see what it was like. I kinda forgot how to drive when I first got into it lol. It was great, despite the fact I couldn't really see over the dashboard (short person problems). I headed home then Mum and I headed straight into town to visit the bank to lift money and get the car insured. When we returned home, the guy brought the car down to us and it was officially mine. 

Here's my new set of wheels - I've named her Minnie after my all time favourite Disney character; Minnie Mouse.

On Friday I went into town with my Mum. I didn't buy anything as my bank account suffered after buying the car. Mum bought me new car mats and Frozen socks as part of my birthday present. She had already bought me the One Direction perfume and gave me money towards my trip to Paris in November.

On Saturday, my friend Alison came up to visit me (she lives about an hour away from me). We met at McDonalds where we ate and where Alison gave me my birthday presents. I got Ginny Weasley's wand, 2 Disney tops, Hogwarts top, Minnie Mouse Dublin pin and loads of other cool stuff. We then headed into town and had a wonder around the shops. I bought the What If dvd (that has Dan Radcliffe in it), an Olaf keyring for my car keys and Hogwarts beer mat from HMV. Again I didn't buy much else. We then stopped off at a local ice cream parlour called Glorybe to sample their amazing ice cream cupcakes. I had a chocolate chip bear one. It was really yummy. We visited a few more shops before Alison and her Dad took me out home (I can't drive my car just yet). I showed Alison my room as she hadn't seem it since I got my shelves and stuff put up. Her words "It's very pink." After Alison went home, I got some food and watched Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix while trying to help my niece Zoe decorate my Tangled birthday cake but I wasn't much help.


    Yummy ice cream cake.


My Tangled birthday cake


Today - Sunday, I went out for a Sunday carvery meal with my Mum, sister Vera, Vera's boyfriend Tom, Zoe, my best friend Lyndsey and Lyndsey's husband Mo. I hadn't actually eaten a Carvery at Tullyglass before so was really looking forward to it. I dressed up nice but debated over whether or not to wear my heels or flats. I live in converse type shoes, so I cannot walk in heels to save my life but after tottering around the house in them before we left, I decided to chance it. I was a bit on the wobbly side though. The food was really yummy with several courses but you can pick whatever you want. 

Unfortunately I haven't been overly well recently, so although I was hungry, I haven't got the biggest of appetites but I still enjoyed it still the same. It wasn't an easy task carrying a very warm plate while tottering nervously in my heels lol. Thankfully there were no accidents. Lyndsey got me the Harry Potter Trivial Pursuits game and two scratch cards. After we finished eating, they brought out my cake. It was then a quick dash home to leave off Mum and so I could kick off the heels and change into my flats then I headed off to Junction one, an outlet shopping village with Tom, Vera and Zoe. I tried on some pretty dresses in Quiz, which were a mile too long for little me then we went to Tescos but again I didn't buy much other than some air fresheners for my car, mini chocolate chip cupcakes and smokey bacon Pringles.
Outfit: Navy Blazer: £17 Exhibit, Mint top: £4 Primark, Flower print skirt: £20 Exhibit and baby pink heels: £6 Barrats.

Comments