My Harry Potter Studio Tour Packing List

Harry Potter Studio Tour Packing List

I am so excited as I am off to the Warner Bros, Making of Harry Potter Studio tour next week. It will be my fourth visit (crazy I know but totally worth it) to the tour in Leavesden, just outside London. This time I'll get to see the brand new Hogwarts Express and Platform 9 3/4 section and also see the Sweets and Treats event that is currently on which also means I can finally get to sample some Butterbeer ice-cream. I have high hopes for the ice cream, although I do not like the actual butterbeer :(.

I am just jetting over to London for the day to visit the tour then return to Northern Ireland the same evening. So what exactly will I be taking with me and what would I recommend people to take with them?

Here's my list of must have items to take to the tour with you and things which I will be packing. I'll be taking a backpack with a small handbag for my purse and phone.

1) Boarding passes and passport
To get me on the flights to and from London.

2) Purse with English money and bank card
For some reason some places in the UK don't accept Bank of Ireland or Ulster bank notes even though they are still sterling money. So I will have to ensure I have bank of England notes with me. Also my bank card just in case I end up spending more money than I plan. This can happen as Studio tour gift shop is quite expensive and I plan to purchase quite a few things there. Plus I'll need food and taxi money too.

3) Phone
Not only does it have my taxi booking confirmation but I can use it to take some photos and videos and to post up about my day on social media. The studio tour has free wifi which definitely comes in handy. 

4) Selfie Stick
Thankfully these have not been banned at the studio tour and hopefully they won't by the time we go as a lot of attractions have been banning them due to health and safety. We were one of only two people who had one last year when we visited the tour and it was so handy for taking those all important selfies. We even got photo bombed by a death eater lol. 

5) Camera
I'm quite old fashioned when it comes to taking photos and love using my camera. I find my phone's space gets used up quickly as it's only an 8GB Iphone. I have always taken my camera to the studio tour with me and have got better photos than what I'd get with my phone. 

6) Spare batteries
My camera takes batteries rather than have a rechargeable battery so spare batteries is a must considering how much I'll be using my camera. I did check to make sure I can take these in hand luggage and thankfully you can.

7)USB power bank 
I purchased one of these in the hope that I can give my phone a quick charge if my battery is running low. I don't really know how good the one I have is though as I haven't had the chance to test it out.

8) Tour tickets
To get me into the tour. Mine has a mandrake on it. I was kinda gutted that we booked to go before they even announced the Hogwarts Express section so we didn't get the pretty new Hogwarts express themed tickets. I now have Hedwig, Dobby, Nagini and Mandrake. Tickets were £33 by the way.

9) Sunglasses
Hopefully the sun will be out when we go as it's July and I don't want to be squinting in my photos in the backlot section. I hope to sit out at the backlot and enjoy some butterbeer ice cream.

10) Kindle
To read on the plane if I don't fall asleep, that is. I'm currently reading Order of the Phoenix.

11)Autograph book and pen 
Well you never know who you might meet. I haven't been lucky enough to bump into a celebrity while I've been at the tour before. Ideally I'd like to meet James and Oliver Phelps but don't think that'll happen.

12) Some sweets 
To munch on, on the plane or in case I get peckish.

13) Tissues 
Hay-fever - need I say more.

14) My "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." t-shirt.  
This might sound odd but I get really nervous when going through security at the airport so I  tend to sweat ALOT (tmi). So I will wear a different t-shirt over then change into my other one at tour so I don't feel yucky for the rest of the day.

15) Hairbrush, deodorant, lip balm
To make sure I look half decent after my flight and make sure I free fresh and don't smell too bad.


16)Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit game
To keep me occupied at the airport and on the flight.

Other items that are optional:

1)Wand - To practice some spells, curse some death eaters etc.
2)Robe - Show your house pride.
3)Owl, cat or toad.

Comments