My first ever fashion blog



I'm a firm believer that fashion isn't about what's on "trend" at the moment but what you yourself feel comfortable and confident in! I'm not one for following trends at all despite working in a ladies clothes shop. 

I'm the type of person who will wear what ever the hell I want too regardless of what other people think. As long as I feel happy and comfortable that's the main thing. When it comes to fashion, I'm not easy swayed by other people's opinions. Actually, the more people tell me I shouldn't wear stuff or should do this, that or whatever, the more I'll go against their opinions. I guess it's the stubborn side of me coming out. It's not a rebellious thing though. It's not like my parents are telling me to not wear a really short skirt and I'll go out in it anyways.

I'm always being told that I should wear some fake tan because I'm too pale or wear a bit more make up. I've even been told in the past that "I don't make enough effort." I don't wear fake tan because I don't like the stuff and feel like I don't need to wear it. I feel that pale is beautiful and that you don't need to be orange to look good. Look at the likes of Katy Perry, Emma Watson and Kristren Stewart, they all embrace their natural beauty without needing layers of fake tan. And actually a lot of guys hate the stuff and hate heavy make up on ladies. It's only the really shallow minded men that do. And just because you don't wear heavy make up or fake tan does not mean you're not making an effort.

I've never wore a lot of make up either. Actually, I didn't even start wearing make up until I was about 16. I hated the stuff and even then I didn't know how to apply it properly. From I was 16 I had really bad acne, like painful red lumps that no amount of make up would cover up so there wasn't any point in me even trying. If anything, wearing make up seem to make these spots worse and irritate them. I still hate wearing heavy make up and will keep it natural. I just wear a small drop of foundation, some power on top and some blusher. I'm a firm believer that natural is beautiful and girls don't need to wear layers and layers of foundation to look good. Actually I think it looks really bad but each to their own. I have a huge dislike for girls/ladies who wear a shade of foundation 5 times darker than their actual skin tone and have a huge orange ring around their neck or have their clothes covered in the stuff. (not so good when all the light coloured clothing in work is covered in make up as well). On a day to day basis I wear minimal make up and don't even wear any eye make up due to having sensitive peepers and having several problems with my eyes over the years. On my days off I don't even wear make up at all and it feels good to let my skin breath. Leaving the houses bare faced doesn't bother me either. I have actually filmed several of my youtube videos without make up on. It does bother me when people say "you need to make more effort and wear more make up if you want to impress a guy." I want to impress a guy by being myself and I want him to appreciate me for being me, not some made up barbie doll. I want to be told I'm beautiful when I've no make up on, my hair pulled back and my pyjamas on.




As for fashion, I was a complete Tom boy when I was a teenager and lived in jogging bottoms and jumpers. Then I got into jeans and pretty much live in jeans, fandom tops, hoodies and converse now. I like to be comfortable in the clothes I wear and won't wear anything I don't feel confident in. I wouldn't dream of wearing something really revealing because that's not me. I don't like skirts, dresses or shorts that cover your bum and no more.  I hate it when people are like "oh your skinny so you can wear anything!" It's utter bullshit! I don't have the confidence to wear everything and I hate getting my legs out and I certainly don't get my boobs (what boobs) out. I hardly ever wear heels as I can't walk in them but will try the odd time. It is something I'd like to have the confidence to wear though. On my days off I'm usually i'm my jogging bottoms, baggy t-shirt and a comfy hoody.

It bothers me that young girls and ladies feel like they have to listen to society and wear what other people tell them or follow what other people are doing. Be yourself and wear what YOU want to wear and screw other people! Yes, by all means take advice from them and whatever but at the end of the day it's you that has to wear it not them. Just because someone has the confidence to wear something doesn't mean I have. For example I usually prefer to wear tights with a dress or skirt over bare legs especially in winter. I guess that's also the sensible side of me coming out as I hate being cold. Also remember that your size does not define what you can and cannot wear.  

However, one of my huge pet hates is seeing groups of young girls who are all dressed in same thing and in my town it seems to be black leggings, a cropped top (where they show off their belly button piercing), a hollister/jack willis zip up and high top trainers. I also can't stand girls who wear leggings which are practically see through and you can see their underwear through them (I've even seen a lady pad once too, not a good look). But like I always say, each to their own. I'm sure plenty of people criticise the clothes that I wear too.

Also remember that do NOT let anyone and I mean anyone especially a man tell you what you should and should not wear. No one has a right to tell you that you need to wear make up, fake tan or revealing clothing! 

Also, don't let anyone tell you that you're too thin or too big to wear certain things either. If you have the confidence to wear whatever then go for it! I've big respect for people who wear what they want and give the middle finger up to people to say otherwise!

Lets talk about the picture I posted at the beginning of this post. This was me yesterday all dressed up for my Mum's birthday party. I also wore this outfit to my own birthday dinner but I wore a different top. I'm not the biggest fan of getting dressed up to go out but yesterday I actually felt good in what I was wearing. I don't usually curl my hair either (mainly because it's a hint of effort) so I got my sister to do that for me. I did wear some eye shadow and mascara (which i'm still suffering from) but it wasn't too much or heavy. I opted for skin coloured tights rather than fake tan (and to cover up a lovely bruise on my leg). The little white things you see on my feety are little shoe liners to help keep my shoes on as they kept sliding off. 

However, due to not being too steady in my heels, I lasted all of 5 minutes with them plus I have shin splints in my leg at the moment and my leg was killing me after a few minutes in heels so I changed into a pair of flats the same colour. This outfit is something I would wear time and time again and felt confident in it. That's another thing, I'm not afraid to wear the same thing twice either. 

If I want to go out with a Disney top on, I will. If I wanna wear my Hufflepuff hoodie I will. If I wanna wear my Hogwarts dress, I will! 

Fashion should be fun not stressful! 

Be a trend setter NOT a trend follower! 

Comments