My Top 10 Disney Songs


I am a huge Disney fan, as you have probably guessed by my previous blog posts. So I thought I'd do a post counting down my top 10 all time favourite Disney songs. Picking my top 10 was not easy as there are just so many amazing songs from Disney movies. Plus it could be far too easy to fill my top 10 with several songs from the same movies. Even though these are my top 10, I don't think I'll put them in any particular order as it's just far too hard to place some of them or pick lol.


So here goes. Share your thoughts and favourite Disney songs in the comments below.

Number 1 - I see the light - Tangled
Tangled is my favourite Disney movie and Rapunzel is my favourite princess so it was only right that one of the songs was featured at my number 1. My favourite is without a doubt I see the light as it's probably my favourite scene in Tangled. It's when Rapunzel and Flynn realise their feelings for one another and when Rapunzel finally gets to see the floating lanterns. It's such a beautiful scene between Flynn and Rapunzel too.


Number 2 - Let it go - Frozen
You cannot have a Disney countdown without having Frozen in there somewhere. Let it go is probably now one of the most iconic Disney songs. The scene is a huge turning point for Elsa as she finally accepts who she is and has her huge transformation. It's one of my favourite songs to sing at the top of my voice when I'm in the shower or driving.


Number 3 - Hakuna Matata - The Lion King
The Lion King has one of the best soundtracks in any Disney movie but I went for Hakuna Matata which means "No Worries". It's a very positive song sang by Timone and Pumba when Simba is having a bit of a crisis. This song also shows his transformation from cub into fully grown lion as they walk across the bridge.


Number 4 - Tale as old as time - Beauty and the Beast
Probably the most iconic scene from Beauty and the beast when Belle and Beast dance in the beautiful ball room to Tale as old as time with Belle wearing her trademark gold dress. In my opinion we see the human side to the Beast rather than the animal. It's such a beautiful moment between the two.


Number 5 - A Whole New World - Aladdin
This song reminds me a lot of my childhood and a sing along songs video I had which had this song on it. Aladdin was also one of my favourite Disney movies as a child. This is the moment when Aladdin takes Jasmine on that magic carpet ride. It's probably my favourite scene in Aladdin.


Number 6 - Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid
My favourite song from The Litter Mermaid when Sebastian tries to explain to Ariel why being a mermaid and living under the sea is better than being a human and living above water. It's catchy and the scene itself is bright and colourful, showing many of the ocean's greats.


Number 7 - This Is Me - Camp Rock
Moving away from the animated Disney films for a moment and onto one of the more musical ones, Camp Rock and This is Me sang by the very talented Demi Lovato. This is one of my favourite karaoke favourites that I like to belt out in the shower. I can also relate to the lyrics about hiding myself away and being afraid of being myself. 


Number 8 -  All in this together - High School Musical
"Once a wildcat, always a wildcat!" I cannot leave High School Musical out of my countdown as I absolutely love the films and the songs from each of them but which one to pick? All in this together, was a no brainer really. It also features in the third HSM film during the graduation scene. For the first film, the wildcats have just won an important basketball game and everyone gets together for a huge sing along to celebrate.


Number 9 - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - Mary Poppins
It may not be the easiest word to say, let alone sing but it's one of the many great songs from Mary Poppins. It's when Mary and Bert take the children to a fun fair in one of Bert's paintings. 


Number 10 - When You Wish upon a star - Pinocchio
Pinocchio is not one of my favourite Disney movies. I wouldn't even say it's in my top 10 but When you wish upon a star, is in my top 10 because it's so iconic. It's at the start of pretty much every Disney movie when the castle appears on the screen. And we've all wished upon a star at one point in our lives.









 

Comments