My Monthly Ramblings

Hello everyone and welcome to March. I'm guessing we're supposed to be in Spring now but it's definitely still Winter outside. We had a touch of snow last night but it disappeared after a few hours due to heavy rain. Today it's been raining none stop, it's freezing cold and it's really stormy.

I haven't been up to much in the past week so my life has been pretty boring. So what have I been enjoying or disliking in the past week?

Eating:
Last week I made some chicken, bacon, leek, potato and carrot soup from scratch.  There's nothing I love more during winter than a bowl of yummy homemade soup with bread or a roll dipped into it. I'll definitely be attempting to make soup a lot more now.


Another thing I have been addicted too recently is Peanut Butter Oreos. I love oreos anyway so I just had to try the peanut butter ones. At first I was only able to get them at Comic Con or in American sweet shops but now Poundland and B&M Bargain's have started selling them. They are extremely yummy.

 Drinking:
As it's so cold, you cannot beat a nice up of tea to warm you up. Gosh that is such a British thing to like lol. I like my tea quite strong with two sugars and milky.


Wearing: 
I'm really appreciating my comfies at the moment, comfy jeans, t-shirt and a warm hoody with my converse or slippers (when I'm at home). I do like my comfy clothes more so than getting dressed up in dresses and heels. However one of my favourite items is my £15 dark denim dungarees from Primark. A lot of fashion chains are selling these at the moment and they look great dressed up or dressed down. The photo below shows me wearing mine with a cream Tinkerbel top (which you can't actually see), leather jacket, checked scarf and black ankle boots - all of which are from Primark too.

 
Listening -
I am not a fan of the majority of music in the charts at the moment. Maybe I'm just getting old and not down with what the cool kids listen too. I hardly listen to the radio either unless my CD player in my car decides not to work. In my car I have my Mamma Mia movie soundtrack blasting as I love the movie and I love Abba's music in general. Plus it's good to sing along too. On my ipod, I've made a Disney playlist featuring all the Disney songs I have on my ipod which I love listening too. A lot of the songs take me back to my childhood.



Reading
:
Of course I'm still reading Harry Potter. I make my way to the end of Deathly Hallows and I start reading Philosopher's Stone from the beginning again. I also enjoy reading Harry Potter fan fiction, mainly Fred and Hermione stories as they are my favourite ship. As some of you may know, I also write Harry Potter fan fiction as well as read it. 

One of the graphics I made for one of my Fred/Hermione stories

 Watching:
Although I'm not the biggest fan of what's happening in it at the moment, but I watch Hollyoaks every night. I'm also very happy that Ant 'N' Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway is back on my TV on a Saturday night. I've been a huge fan of Ant & Dec since they presented SM:TV Live back when I was a teen.

Planning:
I'm not really planning anything major at the moment. I'm going back to London in May to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour along with one of my bessies Lyndsey, my niece Zoe and Lyndsey's nephew Mark. It'll be my fifth visit to the tour but Lyndsey and Zoe have never been before so I'm excited to show them everything.
 


Obsessing
:

For the past couple of weeks I have been *hooked* on Once Upon A Time. I've finally got caught up and like many OUAT fans, I'm waiting patiently on the new episodes starting on Sunday. I am a huge fan of Disney films and of course Disney princesses so it's brilliant to see all your fave fairytale characters in a different light. I've also jumped on the Captain Swan band wagon too and have a bit of a soft spot for Hook. 


Wanting
 
Summer to hurry up and come. I'm really not a fan of the cold weather and the heavy rain makes it ten times worse. The cold is also affecting my bones and body as I've got a few aches and pains at the moment. Not to mention the fact I had the flu a few weeks ago and it knocked me for six. Living in Northern Ireland does have it's downsides as we don't really get much of a summer as it doesn't seem to know when to stop raining here at times.


Also I'd quite like my favourite Harry Potter cast members; James and Oliver Phelps to attend the MCM Comic Con in Belfast on the 25th June as I've been desperate to meet them for years and the convention is the weekend before my birthday. There hasn't been anyone decent at the comic con the past two years unfortunately.

 



Favourite purchases:
 I haven't really bought anything overly exciting recently but I have purchased 5, yes 5 more Tsum Tsums for my ever growing collection. I wasn't planning on collecting these but once you start, you find yourself wanting more of them lol. I have 11 at the moment (Marie, Ariel, Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla, Cinderella, Elsa & Anna). This week I've bought myself Baymax, Lilo, Stitch, Rapunzel and Pascal. I was so chuffed when they released the Tangled collection yesterday as Tangled is my favourite Disney film.


So I think that is everything for this week. I will try and do one of these weekly but I have a feeling they may be monthly as it'll be easier to find stuff to write about. 


Also check out my youtube channel too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmmMM0nlZP0Asgpg0Od5NGQ

 
 

Comments