Characters I met in Disneyland Paris November 2015

Back in November 2015, I visited Disneyland Paris. I was there from Monday 16th to Friday 20th November.

One of my favourite things to do in Disneyland Paris is meeting characters. In my past visits to Disneyworld Florida (2002) and Disneyland Paris (2005) we didn't get to meet a lot of characters. I'll maybe pop those photos in another blog post at some point. However this time around it was one of my aims. I'm not a big fan of thrill rides and with 2 of my favourite rides closed (thunder mountain and it's a small world) when we were there it gave me more time to meet characters.

So what characters did I meet and where did I meet them? I'll try and post these in chronological order.

1)Chip *N* Dale - Hotel New York during breakfast - Tuesday 17th November.

As we were there 3 days after the horrible attacks in Paris, the parks were closed on our first full day. Disney went above and beyond for their guests and put characters in their on site hotels throughout the day so that guests could meet them. We were staying at the Hotel New York. As we arrived at the Manhattan restaurant for breakfast we bumped into two very mischievous chipmunks; Chip N Dale. I had wanted to meet them after watching many a YouTube video of people meeting them and enjoying their interaction. I grabbed my autograph book and pen and went straight over to them. They didn't disappoint, hitting one another with my pen and putting my hood up! 

As it was Alison's birthday that day we had booked to eat in Cafe Mickey which is one of the character dining experiences in Disneyland Paris in the Disney Village. We knew we'd meet about 6 characters at Cafe Mickey as that is the usual amount which is still brilliant. 

Mickey Mouse

First up was the main mouse himself, Mickey Mouse who gave great hugs and loved my Mickey hoodie and Minnie t-shirt. 

Mr Smee from Peter Pan

Mr Smee from Peter Pan was one of the unexpected characters we got to meet in Cafe Mickey that day. In reading people's trip reports online I had never came across him being there before. He's a bit of a villain so I'm not his biggest fan but he was good to meet.

Suzy and Pluto


As Auberge De Cendrillion in the Disneyland Park was closed, we ended up getting some extra characters in Cafe Mickey. This included Cinderella's pet mice; Suzy and Perla. The first one I met was Suzy, dressed in green. She was so cute and offered to make me my very own princess dress. As I was getting my photo taken with her, Pluto jumped in too. Check out our princess poses.
Pluto
Pluto is the only character I have managed to meet the three times I have been in a Disney park. As Pluto is one of the main 5, it was kind of obvious he was going to be there. He was so cute and look at him holding his ear. 

Goofy 


Like Pluto, I was expecting Goofy to be there as he is one of the big 5 at Disney. Goofy was the first ever character that I got a selfie with as well. He appeared awfully quiet at first but then livened up, stealing someone's suitcase and ran around the cafe with it.


Perla

Perla, the second of Cinderella's mice was up next in her pretty purple dress. She too was cute and not a character I would have planned to meet. For some reason she took a shine to my coat, threw it over her shoulder and posed with it lol. I am still waiting on my princess dress Suzy and Perla were supposed to make me....
Chip N Dale
For the second time that day, I met Chip N Dale. Not that I was complaining at all as they are always fun to meet and it wouldn't be my last time either. They both gave me hugs and got all excited that I was able to tell them apart. When Alison's birthday cake came out they made such a fuss over her.

Cinderella


As we already had Suzy and Perla, I kind of guessed that we'd end up getting at least one princess that day. When I first spotted Cinderella I completely freaked out. She was so pretty and her dress was stunning. It was nice to be able to chat to Cinderella too and she was so lovely. She did say she'd get Suzy and Perla to make me a dress too. When I got my photo taken with her, she hugged me first then we did the princess pose as well.


Princess Aurora and Prince Philip



Not only did we meet Cinderella but we ended up meeting Princess Aurora and Prince Philip too. I was so overwhelmed by this stage that I nearly forgot all about my food. Aurora was so lovely too and chatted away to us. She looked so pretty and her dress was stunning. Prince Philip didn't really say much though. Later on Chip was messing around with the packets of sauce behind us and Aurora came over to see if he was ok. She turned around to us and asked us if we wanted any sauce even though we were eating our desserts at the time lol. Was very funny and good to see the characters interact with one another. Where else would you see Aurora interact with Chip??



Donald Duck

Donald Duck was up next and was the cutest, cuddliest duck ever. He's so adorable and gives really good hugs. I love how all the characters give you hugs and pose for photos like this.


Mickey Mouse 


I couldn't leave Cafe Mickey without getting a selfie with the main man himself, Mickey. He also visited to wish Alison a happy birthday and even drew a birthday cake with 27 candles on it in her autograph book.


Rapunzel and Flynn Rider 

After a spot of shopping in Disney Village we returned to our hotel to chill out for a bit. When I walked into the lobby, who should I spot? Rapunzel and I freaked out. Out of every Disney character, Rapunzel was one of the ones I wanted to meet the most as she's my favourite princess and to meet her in our hotel of all places was amazing. We dashed straight into the queue to meet her and Flynn. She was so lovely and talked to us about the uses of frying pans. I said I'd use them for both cooking and self defence. She also liked my necklace and asked if my prince had bought me it. I told her I had bought myself it and she turned to Flynn and said "See us ladies can buy our own jewels!" Flynn was very handsome but like Philip earlier, he was very quiet. I'm guessing these poor princes don't get a word in edge ways lol. Mulan was also in our lobby but unfortunately she was going on a break when we had finished with Rapunzel.


Pinocchio and Geppetto 
The good thing about having characters in the hotel was that they weren't just your standard characters but random ones. After a quick change of clothes and freshen up, we headed downstairs again to see if Mulan was still there (she was only newly cast in DLP too) but unfortunately she wasn't. Instead Pinocchio and Geppetto were down by the lifts. Geppetto took a shine to my necklace too. Both were very cute. There was a cast member on hand to take photos for you too.

Alice and the Mad Hatter 


I am not the biggest fan of Alice in Wonderland nor would I wait for ages to meet them so it was a good job Alice and the Mad Hatter were only down the corridor a bit from Pinocchio and Geppetto. I couldn't really understand what the Mad Hatter was saying but he was quite funny. Alice was cool though and loved that Alison had a similar name to her. It is cool to meet characters that you wouldn't usually plan on meeting. We then headed over to the Disneyland Hotel but unfortunately there were no characters in it which was a shame as most of the princesses had been there throughout the day.


I was very impressed with how many characters we managed to meet on our first full day and that was without going into the parks. Obviously the parks were closed which was why we did have the characters in our hotel and extra in Cafe Mickey.

******
 Minnie and Mickey - Extra magic hours - Wednesday 18th Nov


In my opinion, you cannot go to Disneyland Paris without meeting the main two mice. I had already met Mickey but as Minnie Mouse is my favourite, I just had to meet her. I was gutted she wasn't at Cafe Mickey though. My aim for when we went into the park for the first time during extra magic hours was to meet Minnie and Mickey at their meet and greet. There was already a queue but I joined it anyway and the time went in quite quickly as I spoke to a lovely family from England. Minnie and Mickey looked so adorable in their Christmas outfits and both loved my Minnie ears and Mickey backpack. I did forget to wish Mickey a happy birthday though. A kind cast member did take my photos for me on my camera but the photopass guy did as well and I did purchase the professional photo later on.

Ariel - Princess Pavilion


I hadn't actually planned to do Princess Pavilion as I had heard about the long queue times just to get a time slot but surprisingly I was able to get a time slot straight away without having to queue up and that was well after 10am as well. I did put that down to the park being very quiet. Carol and I returned to the Princess Pavilion for our time slot at around 12pm if I can remember rightly. We did have to wait about 45 minutes but you do wait inside. Aurora did pass us but I wasn't sure if she was going in or coming out. I loved the theming of the queue area with all the glowing items belonging to the princesses. The cast member asked us which princesses we had already met and which ones we wanted to meet. I wanted to meet either Ariel, Belle or Rapunzel so thankfully we were put in the queue to meet Ariel. She was so beautiful and very lovely to chat too. When Carol asked her how she stays so slim, she replied that she does a lot of swimming (obvs). Again the cast member took my photos for me along with the photopass ones which I purchased after. The photos were 3 for 36 euros. So I got my Ariel and Minnie/Mickey mouse ones and Carol got her Ariel one.


Merida 


The last character I met on our first full day was Merida at her meet and greet spot in Frontierland near Cowboy Cookout. She was sort of hidden in a very quiet area of the park which was odd. We did have to wait for ages on her though as she was on a break when we arrived. She was lovely and had a great Scottish accent. She asked me what my favourite part of her story was and I took a complete mind blank. Note to self; Have a Disney movie marathon before visiting Disney lol. Annoyingly the lighting wasn't very good for the photos but I think mine turned out alright. I was very impressed that I had met 5 princesses already.


Thursday 19th November

Chip N Dale - Extra Magic Hours 


Although I had already met them twice, I wanted to meet Chip N Dale one last time before I headed home. When we entered the park on our last full day during extra magic hours, Chip N Dale were out near Casey's Corner and they didn't even have a queue. I just had to meet them in their Christmas outfits. They danced with me then after we got photos which had the beautiful Sleeping Beauty's castle behind us, they linked arms with me then kidnapped me, walking off to where they go for their breaks. There wasn't a photopass photographer with them at this point but Roland took plenty of great photos for me. 


Unfortunately Chip N Dale were the last characters I met on my trip which is strange considering they were also the first. We didn't get to meet any characters in Disney Studios as it was lashing down with rain all day. 

I really enjoyed meeting characters during my trip and couldn't believe how many I managed to meet in the three days.  

 






 
 



















Comments