Review of Nicky Clarke Diamond Shine Straighteners


When my Lee Stafford straighteners packed in, I was in desperate need of a new pair. I had, had them for about 3 or 4 years and I had purchased them in the Boots new year's sale for £20, so they didn't really owe me anything. They did, however last me longer than my GHDs.


I had thought about purchasing another pair of GHD straighteners but I could not justify paying over £90 for a pair of hair straighteners that might not last me very long. I was using my sister's GHDs for the time being, until I found myself a brand new pair. 

Trying to decide on what straighteners to buy was not easy. There are so many brands out there and so many different types of straighteners, I did get a little confused as to which ones would be good for my hair. I didn't want to spend a fortune either. Boots is the only shop in the shopping centre I work in that sells straighteners so I popped in there during my lunch break to have a look. 

It was then that I spied the Nicky Clarke Diamond Shine straighteners. 


There were a few things that sold these straighteners to me:

1) They were reduced from £74.99 down to £37.50. So they were half price.
2)They won an award at the Beauty Shortlist Awards in 2015 - so they must be good right?
3) They go up to 235 degree heat.


I also had a £10 gift voucher to put towards these so I only had to pay £27.50 for them which in my opinion is a complete bargain.  

So how have I found these straighteners so far?

I think they are brilliant. My hair isn't frizzy or curly by all means. I always blow dry it straight after washing then use my straighteners on it. I found my Lee Stafford straighteners didn't keep my hair straight for long, especially when the wind, rain or heat got to it. I'd always end up getting fed up with my hair and having to tie it back. I have found these straighteners to keep my hair straight all day, unless I get absolutely soaked of course.

Here is my hair just after I had washed it and dried it with the hair dryer. As you can see it's already quite straight, if not a bit fluffy. (If I let it dry naturally it goes quite wavy with a few curls).

Here is my hair after straightening it with my new Diamond Shine straighteners. I was working the day I took this photo and by the time I had finished my shift, my hair was surprisingly still this straight. Even with the clammy heat we were experiencing that day.

Here is another photo of how straight my hair was.

Diamond Shine Straighteners  

This is some of the info on the Boots website.

  • Real diamonds are infused within the ceramic plates producing a super-hard surface to create amazing shine, whatever your style

  • This deluxe gemstone provides even, efficient heat distribution ensuring hair spends less time in contact with the heat to help avoid damage

  • Far infrared technology penetrates the hair, drying from the inside out, which preserves moisture and protects against cuticle damage, for       healthier, shinier hair

  • Intelligent heaters automatically adjust the plate temperature, preventing loss of heat and damaging hot spots during styling

  • Floating plates with five heat settings (max 235&°C) for different hair types

  • LED temperature display

  • Hinge lock

  • Auto shut-off

  • Salon length 3m power cord

  • Standard UK 3-pin plug

  • One year guarantee

  • Instruction booklet included
  •   
    I would definitely recommend these straighteners, especially at the price they are currently selling at in Boots.



     

     
     



    Comments