Characters I Met in Disneyland Paris - Day 1 - Thursday 29th June 2017

As I mentioned in my blog post from my November 2015 Disneyland Paris trip Here one of my favourite things to do in Disneyland Paris, is to meet characters. I'm not really a huge fan of going on the roller-coasters but I do love a good character meet. I met quite a few characters during my 2015 trip so it was my aim to meet even more on my June/July 2017 trip. Over the 5 days I was there (I only had a couple of hours before we left on our 6th day), I managed to meet 24 characters in total, including a few I hadn't met before. Here are some of my photos from meeting the characters, including when and where I met them from our first full day in Disneyland Paris on the 29th June 2017.

Note: Alison and I had purchased photopass so most of these photos were captured by the photopass photographers. Some characters didn't have photopass unfortunately but the cast members kindly took some photos for me.


Thursday 29th June - My 30th Birthday
As it was my 30th birthday on our first full day, I really wanted to meet loads of characters as I knew that the interactions with them would be extra special on my birthday. For my birthday, we had a meal at Auberge De Cendrellon, Cinderella's restaurant which meant I got to meet 4 princesses, Suzy and Perla.


Minnie Mouse
When:
Extra magic hours (8am-10am)
Where: Disneyland Park near Liberty Arcade, left hand side of Town Square.
Minnie mouse is my favourite Disney character so I just had to meet her, especially in her pretty 25th anniversary dress. I also wanted to meet her on my birthday too. It was my aim to meet Minnie during extra magic hours on our first full day. Alison and I went into the Disneyland Park for about 8:15am and joined the queue for Minnie. She had the longest queue out of the characters by far. I think we must have waited about an hour to meet her. Minnie was adorable and fussed over me, especially when she spotted my "birthday girl" badge. She loved my pink sequin ears and my Mickey bag. We did some twirling together and then I got a selfie with her too. She even spotted my Minnie phone case. Alison then joined us to get some photos taken.


Me and Minnie Mouse


Daisy Duck
When:
During her meet and greet (from 11am to 7pm)
Where: Near Discovery Arcade, right hand side of Town Square.
I had never met Daisy Duck before but as she was Alison's favourite, I jumped at the chance to meet her. Daisy was doing her meet and greet from 11am at the right hand side of Town Square in the same location as Pluto and Goofy's joint meet and greet during extra magic hours. Alison and I joined the queue as soon as they were allowing people to start queuing. There were only a couple of families in front of us so we didn't really have long to wait. I was very excited to meet Daisy. She was adorable and very sassy. Like Minnie, Daisy was also dressed in her 25th anniversary dress which was cute.

Me and Daisy Duck

Suzy and Perla - Cinderella's mice
Where:
Auberge De Cendrellon Restaurant in Fantasyland.
I celebrated my 30th birthday with a meal at Auberge de Cendrillon. As Auberge is Cinderella's restaurant, you get to meet two of her mice; Suzy and Perla. I had met Suzy and Perla back in 2015 but I didn't mind meeting them again as they were so cute. I had actually met them outside beforehand while we were waiting to go inside for our reservation. Suzy is the mouse that wears green while Perla is the mouse in purple. Both were adorable to meet again and I got great hugs from them. They also signed my autograph book and fussed over me being the birthday girl.


Me and Suzy (in green) and Perla (in purple)

Ariel
Where:
Auberge de Cendrellon
At Auberge you are likely to meet at least four princesses, one of which would be Cinderella. I didn't really mind which princesses I'd get to meet as I wanted to meet them all at some point. Ariel was the first princess that appeared and I was over the moon as she is one of my favourite princesses. I had met her in 2015 but I didn't mind getting to meet her again. She was so lovely and chatted away to us. Ariel told us all about how she has swam all over the world. She loved my pink Minnie ears and even commented on my handwriting which she spotted in my autograph book "You have lovely letters." I even got her to film a video message for Zoe.

Me and Ariel

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Where:
Auberge de cendrillon
The next princess I got to meet at Auberge, was Aurora. I had also met Aurora in 2015. She's probably one of my least favourite princesses but I didn't mind meeting her again. She was very pretty, though I do prefer her 25th anniversary dress she wears during the Starlit Princess Waltz. Aurora talked away to us for a short while.

Me and Aurora

Cinderella
As Auberge is Cinderella's restaurant, I knew we were going to meet her so I wasn't at all surprised to see her. Like Ariel and Aurora, I had met Cinderella in 2015 but she is one of my favourites, well in my top 10 anyway. She was so beautiful and graceful and talked away to us. She kindly welcomed us to her restaurant and asked us about our day. I loved doing princess poses with her.

Me and Cinderella 

Rapunzel
If there was one princess I wanted to meet more than the rest, it was my favourite princess, Rapunzel. I was keeping everything crossed that I would meet her in Auberge. We had now met 3 princesses so we only had one more to meet. Ronald mentioned about seeing someone with blonde hair so I looked behind him and saw blonde hair with flowers in it. I freaked out something shocking when I spotted Rapunzel at another table. I got so emotional and shed a few tears. I was so excited to be meeting my favourite princess on my birthday. She was amazing and so lovely. She loved my Rapunzel lanyard. Alison and I did some twirling with her, though she accidentally hit me with her hair. She also spotted her name on my t-shirt along with the names of some of her princess names. Alison took photos with Rapunzel with her insta camera which Rapunzel was fascinated with and she even stayed with us until the photos appeared.

Alison and I with Rapunzel
Mickey Mouse
Where:
Meet Mickey Mouse in Fantasyland
I had gone off on my own for a bit as Alison, Roland and Carol wanted to go back to our hotel. My aim was to go onto Big Thunder Mountain after the parade but it was broken down. I then hot footed it into Fantasyland to go and meet Mickey Mouse at his official meet and greet location. Mickey has a house at the back of Fantasyland. The wait time was only half an hour which wasn't too bad. The building is really cool and while you queue you get to watch some of the Disney short movies which makes the time go in much quicker. The family in front of me in the queue were actually from Northern Ireland too but I didn't get to chat to them. I had planned to film my meet with Mickey but sadly I hadn't pressed the record button on my camera. I had a brilliant meet and greet with Mickey. He made such a fuss of me because of it being my birthday. He hugged me, danced with me and even walked me to the exit as he wanted to leave with me. The cast member/photopass photographer was lovely and made the interaction even better. I had planned to go and meet him again but I never got the chance. In my opinion, you can't go to Disneyland Paris without meeting the main mouse. The setting for this meet and greet is great and a good way to get out of the rain or cold weather. As far as I am aware, Mickey isn't in this location during the Christmas season as Santa is in there.
 

Comments