Characters I met in Disneyland Paris - Day 2 & 3 - Friday 30th June and Saturday 1st July 2017

Here is the second part of my blogs on the characters I met in Disneyland Paris back in June/July 2017.

To read my first part you can find it here

Friday 30th June 2017
This was our second full day in Disneyland Paris but we weren't doing extra magic hours today due to being tired from the previous day. This was also our first day in the Walt Disney Studios. 


Belle
Where:
Art of Animation in Walt Disney Studios
Belle is my second Disney princess after Rapunzel. She is actually the first ever princess I met as I met her in her Christmas costume back in 2005 during my first ever trip to Disneyland Paris. Belle had an official meet and greet in Walt Disney Studios at Art of Animation so I just had to meet her. As soon as we entered the park, I went straight to Art of Animation to join the queue. Thankfully, the queue wasn't too long but I did have a wait as her meet and greet didn't start until 11am. Alison and Roland went off to get drinks but I was quite happy just sitting on the floor chilling while I waited on them. In total I think we had about a 40 minute wait to meet her. Alison and I had worn our Beauty and the beast t-shirts as we knew we were going to meet her. I went first and she was so beautiful and lovely. Belle loved my t-shirt and sparkly gold shoes. I had planned to wear my Belle vans but they were hurting me. She did three poses with me then it was Alison's turn. I tried some princess poses with her.

Me and Belle

Captain Hook from Peter Pan
Where:
Front Lot at Walt Disney Studios
Before I headed to Disneyland Paris, I turned on twitter notifications for the ED92 twitter account so I could find out where characters were while I was in the parks. This came in very handy as while I was on the Studio Tram Tour, I got a notification that some characters were out in the Front Lot of the studios. I made a mad dash to the Front Lot to see what characters were about. I had started to queue for Tigger and Eeyore but I was a bit too late for them. I ventured into the shop to have a wonder around and get my Belle photopass photos sorted when more Characters appeared. Captain Hook was one of them. Sadly, it wasn't the Once Upon a time Captain Hook that I love dearly. I was very nervous about meeting this Captain Hook as I never met a villain before. The cast member that was with him said that I was the queen he had been waiting for which scared me lol. Hook looked disgusted at my Hogwarts rain coat (I doubt he knew what it was) and looked horrified at meeting me, being a villain and all. It was another character ticked off my list. This is such a good place to meet random characters and they changed every 15 minutes or so. There is no photopass photographer though but cast members are more than willing to take photos for you.


 
Rafiki and Timon from The Lion King
Where
: Front Lot of Walt Disney Studios
The Lion King is my third favourite Disney movie and I had never met any of the characters from the movie before so when Rafiki and Timon came out with a bunch of other random characters, I just had to meet them. While waiting to meet them, I bumped into Alison's friend Cara. Rafiki was first with Timon second. My meet and greet with Timon was my favourite of the two and he gave me some great hugs. These meet and greets are more rushed as it's everyone for themselves without any special queues. Cara kindly took my photos for me as Alison was over meeting Daisy Duck at this point. I really like these character meets though as they are usually quite random characters mixed in with the more common ones such as Minnie, Mickey etc. I did find myself bouncing around wondering what characters to meet. I liked the fact that the characters change every time they come out. I was pleasantly surprised that character were out as it had been lashing down with rain before this but it stayed dry while they were out.


Saturday 1st July 2017

Saturday was a none parks day for us due to having three really long, busy days. We decided to visit the Val Du Europe shopping centre but that didn't stop me from meeting at least one character that day.



Mickey Mouse
Where:
Newport Bay Hotel
One of the perks of staying onsite at one of the Disneyland Paris hotels, is in the morning, characters do a meet and greet for hotel guests. The characters are there from about 9am until 11am. Mickey Mouse was in our hotel that morning so I decided to wait and meet him as we weren't heading into the parks at all. Mickey was meeting fans between the lifts and the gift shop but the queue snaked down past the shop. It wasn't overly long despite the fact it was lashing down outside. One of the good things about these meet and greets is that they have a photopass photographer with them. I got a couple of good photos taken with Mickey but the actual interaction wasn't that great compared to my previous meet with Mickey Mouse. It was quite rushed and Mickey appeared tired. I looked a mess too as I hadn't any make up on nor did I have my hair fixed.




 

Sadly that was all the characters I got to meet on these two days but I did meet some more on the next three days.

 

Comments