Disneyland Paris June/July 2017 Trip Report - Wednesday 28th June - Travel Day

 

Disneyland Paris Summer 2017 - Wednesday 28th June - Travel Day

I do apologise for only posting this up now. I don't know why it has taken me so long. Back in June/July 2017, I went back to Disneyland Paris to celebrate my 30th birthday along with Alison and her parents; Roland and Carol. It was my third time to Disneyland but the first time I had visited in the summer time. We booked our trip in January 2017 so I only had 5 months (still dragged in) to wait but I was so excited about going back and celebrating my birthday there. We stayed at Disney's Newport Hotel which was a beautiful hotel. I also vlogged my trip which you can watch here

So here is the start of my Disneyland Paris trip reports

********************
Wednesday 28th June 2017
Finally, the day I was going to Disneyland Paris had arrived and I was so freaking excited. I had to get up at 7:30am as someone was supposed to come and plaster the bathroom at 8am, so I needed to get a shower and wash my hair. I then got myself dressed and did my hair and make-up. I was pretty much ready to go by 10am. I had a few little things still to pack into my suitcase before I could lock it up. The man didn’t even come to plaster the bathroom so I could have had a few more hours’ sleep. It did mean I could take my time and chill without having to rush around like a mad thing. 
At 11:30am, Vera, Tom and Zoe came to collect me to take me to the airport. It took us about 20 minutes or so to get to Belfast International Airport. Alison, Roland and Carol were already there waiting on me. It was then time to check our suitcases in. I don’t know how much mine weighed as the thing was broke. Mine was probably the heaviest case out of the four as it was the biggest. Alison and I headed up the stairs to see if I could get a clear plastic bag to put my liquids into.  It was time to go through security. I hate going through security but thankfully I didn’t bleep. I got my stuff together then we went to get something to eat. I got a tuna melt ciabatta and chips. I then got some drinks from the shop. Roland and I went to see if our gate was shown but annoyingly our flight was delayed by 45 minutes. I just wanted to get to Disneyland for goodness sake! 
Alison and I took a walk around then made our way down to our gate which appeared to be the furthest away but it was quiet there. Alison tried to play an arcade game but kept losing. I did some vlogging for once as I wanted to vlog more on my trip. I still felt so silly though. We did try and play air hockey but the pucks were stuck down the side so we lost our money.  While we waited to board, we sat and talked to the Easyjet lady for a short while before she took us down in the lift to board. The other flight had just landed so we had to wait a few moments until it was cleared. It was actually pretty cold and windy when we were waiting outside (typical Northern Ireland weather).
Us waiting at the airport

Finally, we were allowed to board and we were in row 17. I was sat in between Alison and Carol with Roland in the row opposite us.
Sadly, we didn’t get taking off until 3pm, an hour later than we should have been. The flight took an hour and a half and it wasn’t too bad. We did go through a bit of a storm though as the weather in Paris was quite bad, wet and stormy. I think we landed around 5:30pm local time and it was raining. I was not amused. We left the plane and headed into the terminal. I quickly visited the bathroom then we joined the queue for passport control. Alison and I then went to get our luggage while Roland and Carol went to find the taxi driver. I always worry about losing our luggage but thankfully all four of our cases were there, if not a bit on the wet side. I soaked my jeans lifting them onto the trolley. Our taxi was there waiting on us so the driver led us out to the people carrier. Even though it was raining, it was actually quite warm. I was sweating by the time we got to the taxi. 
 Then it was off to Disneyland we went. It was the longest, most boring journey ever and it didn’t help that it lashed down with rain the whole time. I think it took us about an hour. Alison was first to spot a sign for Disney. I was shocked at how little signs there were for Disneyland. I was also gutted that we didn’t go through the huge Disneyland Paris signs. 
 The first sight of Disneyland I got was Space Mountain and Tower of Terror (if I can remember rightly). I got so excited. I also spotted Hotel New York and the hot air balloon. I got so excited when we arrived at Newport Bay, like an excited child on Christmas morning. I honestly was so happy to finally be there, even with the rain. The taxi driver helped us lift our cases out which had to go through security checks. We also had to put our backpacks through bag checks. It was then off into our hotel to get checked in. There was an amazing smell in our hotel. It was quite busy but thankfully check in wasn’t. Dylan was the lovely cast member who checked us in. He talked away to us and sorted out all the paperwork. He even gave me a ‘Happy Birthday’ badge though it was in Spanish as he couldn’t find an English one. He also kindly gave me and Alison a 25 euro voucher to spend on 1 item.
Our room was on the 4
th floor and number 4250. Our room was very close to the lifts but sadly we didn’t have a lake view room. We did have a balcony which overlooked the entrance of the hotel. It was a lovely room with two double beds. We had some chocolate coins and a lovely letter welcoming us too. 
Our room at Newport Bay

It didn’t take us long to make a mess of the room as we tried to unpack our cases. It was about 7pm now. After quickly unpacking, we headed down to the shop Bay Boutique to see what merchandise they had. The shop was really big, much bigger than the shop in the New York Hotel. I got a few pins, a 25th anniversary pen and our Photopass set up. The guy that did that for us was lovely and from Birmingham. I was boiling and sweating so badly. By the time we got outside, the sun had finally came out and the rain had gone. Lake Disney looked so beautiful and we could see Hotel New York where we stayed in 2015. I was so happy to see the sun out. 
Selfie by Lake Disney

The four of us walked into the Disney Village to get food in Rainforest Café. I had never eaten in there before. I ordered the Rasta Pasta which had chicken, peppers and spinach etc in it. It was actually really yummy. There was a mini thunder storm in the café which scared the life out of me. I loved the theming of the Rainforest Café. Alison and I had a walk around the Disney Village and had a look in the various shops and to check out the sales that had just started in Disneyland. I got a Rapunzel t-shirt in the sale for 10 euros. I had planned to go into the park but with our flight being delayed, we ran out of time. While we were in World of Disney, we spotted the fireworks from Illuminations out the window. I got a little bit too excited about seeing them. Alison and I then headed back to our hotel as it was getting very late. When we got back, we got ready for bed and waited patiently on 12am coming so I could bring in my birthday. How we managed to stay up to midnight, I’ll never know. Alison gave me my present which was the Chip n Dale hoody and a birthday girl badge. Then it was time for bed but I didn't sleep very well. I think I got a managed few hours though. 

Newport Bay Hotel and Lake Disney
 

 

Comments