Disneyland Paris June/July 2017 - Trip Report - Sunday 2nd July - A Very Busy Day

A very busy day in the Disneyland Park.

Outfit of the day: Red flower cold shoulder sun dress from Quiz, black knee length leggings from Dunnes, white cardigan from New Look and white boohoo converse. Hogwarts raincoat from Primark.


It was another early start for us as we were heading into the park for extra magic hours again. I woke up at 6am and grabbed a quick shower. Then I got dressed in my red flower print dress from Quiz. Outside it looked like it was going to be a nice day. Roland, Alison and I headed down to breakfast which was in Cape Cod again. I got my usual of scrambled egg, bacon, mini pancakes but got some chocolate cereal this time too. I absolutely loved the breakfast. I also loved the view we had of Lake Disney. I don’t think I could ever tire of it. 

Just as we were about to leave our hotel, it began to rain. My Hogwarts rain coat really didn’t go with my dress but it was either that or get completely soaked. I tried to walk through Disney Village quickly to get to the park. Somehow, we managed to get to the park before it opened at 8am, which was quite cool. There was already a large queue of people waiting to get inside. We only had to wait about 10 minutes before we were let inside. Alison and I headed straight for the short queue for Chip N Dale. We also spotted Luke and Rich from L&RDreaming in the queue. The rain had stopped just in time for us to meet two of my favourites. Alison went first as she had a Chip N Dale t-shirt on her. Then it was my turn. They both gave me hugs and Dale knocked my Minnie ears off. Then he opened my backpack to see if I had any food in it. They were as mischievous as always but there was no photopass photographer with them. The cast member was more than willing to take photos for me with my camera. Roland did manage to film our meeting on his phone for us. 


Alison and I met up with Roland then we went to join the queue for Donald in the rain again. Roland took shelter in Liberty arcade with my backpack. The park didn’t seem as busy which I quite liked. Donald was adorable and we got to give him kisses. I was worried about getting lipstick on him though. I filmed a little clip for Jenna at work. 


The two of us then went into the arcade so I could film my belated outfit of the day video and get my coat back on again. Then the three of us went onto Buzz Lightyear's Lazer Blast. I went on, on my own this time though. I still sucked at it. I then had to wait for ages to get our photos added onto photopass as they didn’t come on the screen. I realised that they had been shown before we had got to that area so I began typing in the numbers in the hope I’d find ours and thankfully I did. To be honest, I could have just asked the cast members to find them. I also bumped into Luke and Rich and had a lovely chat with them. 



We had a look on the Constellations shop then headed into Fantasyland to see if It’s A Small world was open but it didn’t open until 10am. This gave me a chance to see which princesses were going to be in princesses pavilion. Aurora was in first with Rapunzel in the afternoon. I knew where I was going at 4:30pm. It’s a Small World was late on opening and the tick tock of the clock was driving me mad. Finally, we were allowed on it. Although the song does annoy me, I do appreciate the prettiness of the ride. We then went back to Discoveryland to get something to eat in Café Hyperion. I opted for the chicken burger meal deal with a Fanta and a brookie which is a cookie/brownie. 


There was a choir from Canterbury singing which was nice. Afterwards we nipped over to Frontierland to watch Forest of Enchantment which had only opened the previous day. I was desperate to see it as Rapunzel was in it. While in one of the shops, we bumped into Glenda and Cara whom we went to see Forest of Enchantment with. Forest of Enchantment was amazing. One of the male singers was apparently in Britain’s Got Talent but I didn’t watch it this year. The singers were all amazing though. I got a little bit emotional at the Tangled part. I was in awe at Tarzan’s swinging on the ropes. 


When we went outside, we took some photos with Cara and Glenda then visited the little area that was Arendelle Market Place when Frozen singalong was on. There was a stall selling Forest of Enchantment snacks and merchandise. We also bumped into Merida who was meeting people waiting to get into the next Forest of Enchantment show. 


We stopped off to get our photo taken with her. She loved my dress. I then parted ways with Roland and Alison and had planned to meet Baloo and King Louie but then I spotted a short queue for Jasmine instead so I joined that. While I was waiting, Jafar walked past and he was so scary. I did hope Jasmine wouldn’t be changing to him, though he did go in to annoy her at one point. Jasmine was so lovely and she asked me what all I had been up too. She too liked my dress and my Minnie Ears. She was so beautiful, though I don’t know why they changed her costume. Maybe it was to make the top of it less revealing. 


I then walked back into the castle hub to watch the ‘Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris’ show at the castle stage. I didn’t really get a good space but I could still see. I really enjoyed the show which started off with Main Street then went through each of the four lands and the characters featured in each of them. Frontierland had Jessie, Woody, Chip and Dale. Adventureland had King Louie, Baloo, Peter Pan and Mr Smee. Fantasyland had Winnie the Pooh characters, Alice and the Mad Hatter. Discoveryand had Stitch and Buzz Lightyear. The soundtrack to it was really good too.


 I then walked through the castle and visited the Christmas Shop inside it to purchase some Christmas decorations. I couldn’t find the princess shoe decorations anywhere. I then made my way into Fantasyland which was quite busy. I decided to go on the Storybook ride which I had never been on before. Most of the rides in Fantasyland had long queue times which sucked. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the Storybook boat ride. I didn’t like the little turning platform before you got into the boat. It was a cute little ride that had Rapunzel’s tower, the Beast’s castle, Belle’s village with Belle sitting at the fountain and even the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin. Abu was hiding in the cave with the genie’s lamp. When we past Prince Eric’s castle we could hear Ariel sing. 
It was then time to go and join the queue to meet Rapunzel at Princess Pavilion. However, when I arrived at the entrance, Rapunzel’s name had been taken down. According to the cast member, it was a surprise princess on instead. I decided to queue up anyways, despite the 60 minute queue. I didn’t mind though as the building inside is cute. It had beautiful photos of each of the princesses castles and objects belonging to each princess which changed colour. I actually had nearly two hours in the queue but spent that time chatting to a English family behind me. Their little girl was adorable and talked away to me, asking me 101 questions. There were a few rumours floating around on who the mystery princess was including Tiana, Anna and Pocahontas. Obviously, I wanted Rapunzel but I would have been so happy with Tiana or Anna. You cannot meet Anna anywhere in the parks which is a shame. It was then my turn to meet the mystery princess, so I entered the room and spotted Ariel. There was only a photopass photographer in the room with no cast member so I had no one to give my camera too. I was hoping the photopass photographer would take some nice photos for me. Ariel was so lovely and chatty. She liked my Minnie ears and my dress then we talked about swimming. Ariel said she would teach me how to swim in the sea and then asked me what my fin would be like. Mine would be pink and sparkly of course. I then got some photos taken with her. 


I was a bit gutted that it wasn’t Rapunzel but Ariel is one of my top 5. I never did find out if there was another princess in the other room. The photos weren’t showing up on the screens at the exit. When I finally got outside, I was surprised to see the sun splitting the slates. I then met up with Roland and Carol outside of It’s a Small World. We then went for something to eat in Pizzeria Bella Notte which was the Lady and the tramp restaurant. I ordered the pasta meal deal which came with a drink and garlic bread. The pasta wasn’t as nice as the one I had in the Blockbuster Café in the studios. The three of us ventured around Fantasyland for a bit then went into Fantasyland so I could see the Jolly Rodger pirate ship beside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride which was closed for refurbishment. We had planned to go on the Molly Brown boat but it was closed for the evening. I was tempted to go onto Phantom Manor but Roland wasn’t brave enough to go onto it with me. It only had a 10 minute queue. 


We made our way into Fantasyland again, stopping off for some photos by the castle. We then went to watch the Starlit Princess Waltz on the castle stage. I was so excited to see this show as the princesses are obviously my favourites. I loved the princess show that was on back in 2015 for Christmas. A man and a woman were leading the show. The man spoke in French while the lady spoke in English. The girl was called Rosie and the boy was called Louie. It started off with Aurora appearing from behind a tiara. Her 25th anniversary dress was stunning, far nicer than her normal dress. “All hail the Princess Aurora!” Each of the princesses then appeared with a masquerade mask covering their eyes. Louie had to guess which princess it was and give them a fan with their famous item on it while being given clues to who they were (of course I knew this due to their pretty dresses). As he handed the princesses their fans, he took their masks, revealing who they really were. The princesses appeared in this order: Cinderella (she lost her slipper at a royal ball), Jasmine (she’s the sultan’s daughter with a sense of pride, she’s been on a magic carpet ride), Belle (she loves her books and helped a beast change his looks), Ariel (She traded her fins to stand beside the prince on land), Rapunzel (lanterns floating in the air, flowers braided in flowing hair), Snow White (Fairest in land they sing, lips red as cherries, apples may not be her thing), Tiana (to kiss a frog is hard to do but courage helped her dreams come true). Each of them got given the wrong fans. What I liked about this part was when the princesses entered, their songs where playing. They then did a beautiful dance to stunning music. They then swapped their fans for the correct ones. Snow White – apple, Aurora – Tiara, Cinderella – Slipper, Ariel – shell, Belle – rose, Rapunzel – Pascal, Jasmine – lamp and Tiana – frog. The song I see a princess that they danced too made me love this even more. I just wished it was all in English. I did like how they added Once Upon A Dream into it as well. During this time their princes came to join them all. It was all so beautiful and made me cry with happiness. Prince Philip appeared from behind the same crown as Aurora and joined her on stage at the end before they danced to A Dream is a wish your heart makes. It was so perfect. 


I had to get some princess posed photos by the stage afterwards. Roland, Carol and I then left the park, stopping off at the village first. It was back to the hotel to see what Alison was up too. There were a lot of giggles when I was trying to film my end of day video. I couldn’t say Café Hyperion or remember the names of things. In my excuse, it had been a long day. I think I was a little bit hyper despite having been in the parks for about 12 hours. It was the time for bed.


Comments