Disneyland Paris - June/July 2017 - Tuesday 4th July - Home Sweet Home




Tuesday 4th July 2017 – Home Sweet Home

I did not want to go home. I was not ready to leave my beloved Disney behind just yet. I hated the thought of going back home and going back to reality. I woke up and began getting myself showered and dressed. I wore jeans and my princess squad goals t-shirt. I then went down to get some breakfast. I was going to miss the yummy hotel breakfast and the amazing view of Lake Disney we had while we enjoyed breakfast.

The beautiful view.

It looked like it was going to be another nice day too which was going to make going home even harder. I had planned on meeting Donald Duck as he was in our hotel that morning but I got fed up waiting. I paid the shop a visit instead and bought myself the Anna from Frozen plush doll with my 25 euro voucher I had been given on our check in. I then returned to our room to finish the last of our packing. I insisted on wearing my hat as I had got too much sun the previous day. 

 

Once we had all finished our packing and checked our room to make sure we weren’t leaving anything behind, it was time to leave our lovely bedroom for the last time. We dragged our suitcases to the lift then headed down to reception to check out and leave our cases in the luggage hold. The reception area was so busy already. The luggage hold area was outside so we left all our bags there and got given little tickets. I took some photos of the outside of our hotel. I did have to go through back check and security going back into our hotel again though. It was reassuring to see such tight security. It was what made me feel so safe during our trip. 


Roland, Alison and I then took a walk around Lake Disney to visit Sequoia Lodge which was to the right of Newport Bay. I loved the theming of the Sequoia Lodge Hotel and wanted to stay there badly. We were just in time to meet Pluto who didn’t even have a queue. I hadn’t met Pluto yet and I was gutted as he’s the only Disney character I had met on all my previous Disney trips. I just had to meet him and he had a photopass photographer with him too. I loved how he put my autograph book onto his nose to sign it. It did bring back memories of meeting him during my 2005 Disneyland Paris trip and Mum pulling his tail. 


We then paid the gift shop a visit where I bought a few last minute items. The shop was about the same size as the Bay Boutique in Newport Bay. Our next stop was Hotel New York where we stayed in 2015. I loved this hotel and did miss staying in it, though I loved Newport Bay. We just had to pay the gift shop a visit where I bought some pins. The shop was the smallest out of the three hotels. Then we went into the Disney Village to do some last- minute shopping. It was so warm now and I was sweating. I ended up buying a pink Minnie Mouse skirt from the Disney Fashion shop. 

The skirt I purchased which I wore to my 30th birthday dinner.


I then grabbed a McDonalds and we headed back to our hotel to get our taxi to the airport. The taxi was there for us at 12:30pm. We headed to get our luggage first and we thought they had lost one of Alison’s bags but thankfully they found it. It was then off to the airport, saying a final ‘goodbye’ to Disneyland Paris. I was completely and utterly gutted and could have cried. The last part of Disney I spotted was the hot air balloon which was high up in the air. The journey to the airport look a long 45 minutes. The airport was huge and appeared to go on forever. We were a bit early to check in our luggage so we just sat and chilled for a bit. I was nearly falling asleep.

Finally, it was time for us to check in our suitcases. Mine was overweight by 1kg but they didn’t charge me any extra for it. Then it was time to go through the dreaded security. It was much stricter than the security back home. There wasn’t really that much to see or do in the departure part of the airport. I did get some sandwiches and a drink from the little shop near our gate. Again, I was nearly falling asleep as we waited on our flight. We then had to wait for ages in the little tunnel while the other plane got emptied. Someone had taken ill which is why it took them so long to board us. A lot of people were complaining about having to wait so long which was pissing me off. I also had to endure some loud-mouthed people from Belfast complaining about their trip to Disney. I just rolled my eyes and wished I was back in Disney and not having to listen to their rants.

We were finally able to board the plane. I managed to spot the Eiffel Tower from the air. The flight took about an hour and a half then we touched down in a very wet Northern Ireland. After we left the plane, we went to get our luggage then I went to find Tom and Vera who were waiting on me. I had the Disney blues already. I headed home and got stuck into unpacking my case. I even managed to film my Disneyland Haul video. I had the most amazing holiday and it was the perfect way to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was a complete dream come true and I had the best time ever. I made so many fantastic memories. The downsides were that it didn’t last long enough, we had pretty crap weather and I spent far too much money.

I got to meet so many characters, ride the rides I wanted to do and see all the shows and parades. There were so many highlights and so many funny moments I forgot to mention in this, like the banter between Roland and I and all the jokes the two of us cracked. Lets us say, our puns were on fire. I would go back to Disneyland Paris in a heartbeat and I hope to return again sometime in the future.
It's not goodbye, it’s see you real soon!”

Comments