My First Year of being in my 30's

My first year of being in my 30's

I turned 30 on the 29th June 2017 so how has my first year of being in my 30's gone?


Turning 30
I was lucky enough to spend my 30th birthday in Disneyland Paris which was a complete dream come true for me. I always said I wanted to spend my 30th in Disneyland and I was so happy to be able to go for it with my friend Alison and her parents; Carol and Roland. We went for 6 nights and stayed in Disney's Newport Bay. On the day of my birthday, we met Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Mickey Mouse and had my birthday meal at Auberge De Cendrillon which is Cinderella's restaurant. I got to meet Suzy, Perla, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel and Aurora. It was amazing and the best birthday ever. When I returned home, I had a family meal at Rococo with my friends and family. We did go to the Adair Arms that evening but I was shattered.
Birthday girl in Disneyland Paris

Love life
When I turned 30, I was quite happy being single for the time being. I did have a go at online dating and went on a couple of dates but nothing happened and I was very glad it didn't. Then in October, I met Simon and as I write this in July 2018, Simon and I are still together and we have even moved in together. This is probably the biggest thing that has happened to me in the past year, falling in love and moving out of my Dad's house and into a house with Simon. Simon and I got engaged in October 2018 on our first anniversary. We plan to get married in 2020.
Me and Simon at the Giant's Causeway

Work
Just before I turned 30, I got moved from temporary supervisor to permanent supervisor in Quiz and I was so chuffed about it. I love my job and work really, really hard in it. I feel like I have continued to grow in my role and have seen my confidence in my job role grow too. It's been stressful at times but isn't every job? Since then I have left Quiz in October 2018 and began working for Menarys as I was wanting a full time job. It has been a big change, moving away from just ladies fashion to working with a variety of different products but exciting at the same time. 

Family
Probably the hardest thing that has happened to me since I've turned 30, was the death of my older brother Adrian. Adrian had been diagnosed with terminal cancer in November 2016, 4 months after our Mother died suddenly of a heart attack. Adrian continued to fight with a positive attitude and continued to live his life to the full for 16 months and even raised over £5000 for the Northern Ireland Hospice, where he spent the last two months of his life. Loosing a close family member is never easy and I miss Adrian and my Mum every single day.

Me and Adrian at Vera's wedding in 2017


New
The biggest thing I purchased was my new car. My old black Corsa was falling apart so I treated myself to my dream car which is a silver Fiat 500. I purchased Bertha back in February with Simon's help. Sadly, some muppet scratched the side of it while it was parked in the shopping centre car park and drove off. Thankfully it wasn't badly damaged. I worked so hard and saved a lot to be able to buy myself my new car so I am very proud of that. I also purchased some new bedroom furniture while I still lived at Dad's. I was in desperate need of a new bed so Simon and I hit Ikea and purchased my first ever double bed and two new bookshelves for my Harry Potter and Disney merchandise.

Me in my silver Fiat 500 called Bertha


London
In March 2018, I took my 16 year old niece (who's now 17), Zoe to London for two nights. I had taken her before with my friend Lyndsey and Lyndsey's nephew, Mark but the two of us were going alone this time. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express at Watford Junction which was a lovely hotel. We visited the Harry Potter Studio Tour, did some shopping on Oxford Street and some sight seeing in the pouring rain. It was a very good trip, despite the horrible rain.

Me and Zoe by the Hogwarts Express at Harry Potter Studio Tour


Enchanted
In June 2018, just before I turned 31, I went to Birmingham for the first ever time with my friend Michelle and her Mum, Audrey for the Once Upon A Time convention called Enchanted. It was my second Once upon a time convention but this one was ran by Starfury. It was in the Hilton Birmingham Airport hotel, which we also stayed in. I got to meet Lana Parrila (Regina), Rebecca Mader (Zelena), Sean Maguire (Robin Hood), Jared Gilmore (Henry), Giles Matthey (Gideon), Jaime Murray (Black Fairy), Adelaide Kane (Ivy), Victoria Smurffit (Cruella) and Kristin (Maleficent). As a gold pass holder I got to attend a meet and greet reception with some of the cast and got all my autographs free. At the parties, I dressed as the Queen of hearts and Anna from Frozen. I had an amazing weekend and we even fitted in a shopping trip into Birmingham city centre.

Meeting the Once Upon a time cast at Enchanted

Comments