Disney Have I Ever?


Recently, I came across a post on a Disney Facebook page called "Disney, Have I ever?" or something along those lines. So I thought I would write out the Disney things I have done and do a blog post about it, since I love sharing my Disney thoughts and experiences.

1) Visited a Disney Park:
I have been lucky enough to visit both Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney World. The only Walt Disney World Park I didn't get to visit was Animal Kingdom. I've been to Disneyland Paris 3 times and WDW once.



2) Stayed at a Disney Resort:
I have stayed at two Disney resort hotels in Disneyland Paris: Disney's Hotel New York and Disney's Newport Bay. Sadly, I have never stayed in a Walt Disney World resort hotel as we stayed in a villa when I went in 2002.


3)Wore Disney Clothes to work:
I used to do this a lot when I didn't have a specific uniform to work or when I didn't have to wear the clothes that we sold in the shop. The only Disney clothing I get to wear in work would be a belt or socks as I usually have to wear black clothes. Although, during the Christmas period, we were allowed to wear Christmas jumpers so I was allowed to wear my Minnie and Mickey Mouse one. I do have two black Minnie mouse t-shirts which I wear in work.

4)Bought a Disney Movie:
Of course I have. I have most of the Disney films on DVD as I collect the special slip sleeve editions of the DVDs and have them all displayed on my bookshelf. 

5)Rode the monorail:
I did actually get to ride the famous Disney monorail on my 2002 Walt Disney World trip on the day we visited Magic Kingdom.

6) Eaten at a character meal:
Yes, I have eaten at two character meals in Disneyland Paris. I ate at Cafe Mickey back in 2015 and Auberge De Cendrellion in 2017 for my 30th birthday meal. I do love character meals as it's a great way to meet characters without having to queue for ages.



7) Wore Character ears of hat?
During both my Disneyland Paris trips, I wore Minnie Mouse ears. I do love wearing Minnie ears when in the parks, though they do end up hurting my head after long periods of wearing them. I even wore a pair when I went to Disney on Ice at the SSE Arena in Belfast back in 2018 and didn't even take them off when we went into Pizza Hut afterwards.



8) Played a Disney video game?
I have a trusty old Nintendo DS console and I have a few Disney games for it, including High School Musical 3 which I got with my DS. I haven't played my DS in a long time though.

9) Watched a Castle Stage Show: 
I think I got to watch one at Magic Kingdom back in 2002 but I can't remember anything about it sadly. I just remember the characters meeting afterwards. In Disneyland Paris when I visited in 2015, I watched the Royal Christmas Wishes which was the Christmas princess show. Then when I visited in 2017, the Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris show was on the stage for the 25th anniversary. My all time favourite stage show in Disneyland Paris has to be the Starlit Princess Waltz. Oh my goodness, it was perfect. I loved the music and the story and Aurora's dress was just beautiful.



10) Watched a live parade:
Magic Kingdom had the Share a dream come true parade on back in 2002 so I was luckily enough to see it. I also watched the Electrical lights parade which I can't remember the correct name of. In Disneyland Paris back in 2005, I saw the Christmas parade from a distance and the Electrical parade was on as we were leaving. I've also saw Disney's Magic on Parade in Disneyland Paris in 2015, along with the Christmas parade there and then Disney Stars on Parade in 2017. I got to watch both Disneyland Paris parades twice. Magic on Parade would probably be my favourite out of the two.



11) Watched a pre-1980 live action movie?
I think I've watched a couple of them. Mary Poppins springs to mind as the main one. 

12)Saw a Disney fireworks show?
In Walt Disney World I got to see Fantasmic at MGM Studios (Now Hollywood Studios) and Illuminations (Epcot). In Disneyland Paris I have got to see Disney's Christmas Dreams and the Illuminations they brought out for the 25th anniversary. I am gutted I never got to see the normal Dreams at Disneyland Paris but I have watched it on YouTube. I would love to see Happily Ever After in Walt Disney World at some point.



13) Rode a Disney bus
The first time I rode a Disney bus was on our way back to the airport after our 2015 trip. We also rode a Disney shuttle bus to take us from Newport Bay to the train/bus station during my 2017 trip as we were going shopping at Val Du Europe. I never got to ride one in Walt Disney World though as we stayed in a villa off site and my brother drove.

14) Put A Disney decoration on my car?
I used to have a Minnie Mouse decal sticker on the back window of my old Corsa which made it look like she was peering out of my boot. I changed my car last year so I no longer have her sadly as it ripped when I took it off. I may have to purchase one for Bertha my Fiat 500.


15) Watched a Disney Christmas Parade?
I have watched the Christmas parades in Disneyland Paris twice, in 2005 and 2015. I don't really remember much about the 2005 one as we watched it from a distance. I do remember Belle being in it though.


16) Visited a Disney Water Park
I have only visited one Disney water park and that was Blizzard Beach in Walt Disney World back in 2002. I really enjoyed it and went on quite a few of the slides. I refused to go onto Summit Plummet though as I'm scared heights. I really enjoyed the lazy river. The downside was that I got really badly sunburnt despite wearing lots of sun cream.

17)Taken a photo with a Disney Character?
I have met loads of Disney characters over the course of my four Disney trips and got photos taken with them all. Meeting characters is one of my all time favourite things to do when I visit a Disney park as I'm not big into going on rides. When I visited Disneyland Paris in 2017, I had purchased the photopass which meant I got loads of lovely professional photos taken at many of my character meets. However the cast members are more than willing to take photos for you.


18) Dined in a Disney Resort?
Sadly, I never got the chance to dine in a Walt Disney Resort back in 2002 or Disneyland Paris in 2005. The only restaurant I have dined in, in a Disneyland Paris resort was Park Diner at Hotel New York for dinner one evening. I did have breakfast in both Hotel New York and Hotel Newport Bay. There are so many restaurants in Walt Disney World I would love to eat at.


19) Bought something at the Emporium?

I probably visited the Emporium at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World in 2002 but I honestly cannot remember much. I did visit the one in Disneyland Paris on all three of my trips in 2005, 2015 and 2017. I remember coming out of it in 2005 and the electrical parade was taking place. Along with World of Disney, it's probably one of the best shops in Disneyland Paris.

20) Played Disney songs on your device?
I have a pile of Disney songs on my IPOD and I have several Disney playlists on my Spotify which I play regularly. I even have several Disney CDs to play in my car. 

21) Rode the Dumbo ride?
I never got to ride the Dumbo ride in Walt Disney World but I have rode the one in Disneyland Paris twice.

22) Taken a photo with the castle?
Unfortunately, I don't have any photos with Cinderella's Castle in Walt Disney World. I think it was because my camera broke on the day we visited Magic Kingdom and we had no such thing as a camera phone back then. I don't even have one with Sleeping Beauty's Castle from my 2005 trip to Disneyland Paris either, sadly. The castles are so pretty and you can't have too many photos of them or with them in my opinion. Walt Disney World now have photo pass or memory maker photos near the castle to take professional photos for you. Disneyland Paris did have one on my last full day there in 2017 but I don't know if that is a permanent feature.



I absolutely love visiting the Disney Parks and would love to visit Walt Disney World as there are so many new things there since 2002 that I would love to experience, including rides, attractions, characters to meet and restaurants to eat in. Hopefully one day I will get to go back and experience it all. 















Comments