My Look Back at 2018

Here is my look back at 2018, where a lot of huge life changing events happened, some good and some bad.

January
I brought in 2018 at the Adair Arms Hotel with Vera, Tom, Simon, Zoe, Lauren, Tori and Donna. We had gone for dinner at David and Joan's house first then went to the Adair Arms. I wore my green/blue mermaid dress from Quiz, black tights and black heels. The evening was pretty boring in general. January passed in a bit of a blur. Simon and I finished watching Stranger Things which I enjoyed despite it being quite scary. I spent my time working, visiting Adrian at the Hospice and time with Simon. I went to see The Greatest Showman for the first time and fell in love with it.
Me and Simon on New Years Eve
(dress and shoes from www.quizclothing.com)


Februay
Simon and I had the first week of February off, from the 4th to the 10th. I drove to Holywood to Simon's house for the first time which was scary. We also had dinner at Simon's Mum's house. Simon and I also went car hunting and I purchased my brand new car, my silver Fiat 500. On the Wednesday 7th Simon and I went to Ards and then went to watch the Belfast Giants along with Michelle, Alison, Roland and Audrey. Simon taught me how to cook a lot that week we were off. On the Friday, I finally picked up my new car. It was announced Once Upon A Time was ending which I was gutted about. Simon and I spent our first Valentine's Day together, though I had to work but I went to his house the following day after work. I was getting used to driving back and forth to Holywood. Alison came to visit me at Simon's apartment and they got me to watch my first episode of Game of Thrones, which I wasn't fussed on. I went to see The Greatest Showman for the second time and loved it just as much.

Michelle, Alison and Me at the Belfast Giants
Me in my new Fiat 500 called Bertha.

March
At the start of March, I finally purchased a new double bed from Ikea as I was in desperate need of a new bed. Simon and I started watching Atypical on Netflix. I had a wee night out at the Pizza Palour with the girls then we went on to the Adair Arms. It was an ok night but I was shattered from work. I got two new bookshelves for my room too. Sadly, on the 6
th March, Adrian passed away after his 16 month battle with cancer. I took some compassionate leave from work for two weeks. On the 13th, I went to see The Greatest Showman for the third time with the ladies from church. On the 14th, I met up with Alison in Belfast and went shopping with her. On the 20th, I attended the Fairhill Business Awards at Tullyglass with Ali, Denise, Zoe and Emma, my fellow Quiz ladies. We won two awards; runner up for best seasonal display and Regina won runner up in best customer service. It was a great night. On the 24th, Simon and I went to Portrush for the day and had lunch in Tides. He then surprised me with an overnight stay at The Causeway Hotel. We had dinner in the hotel, drinks in the bar and then visited the actual Giant's Causeway on the Sunday. Simon even had all my stuff packed for me too. On the 28th, Zoe and I went to London for two nights. We went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour, shopping on Oxford Street, sight seeing and got a soaking as it rained the whole time. I still had a brilliant time.
My brother Adrian who sadly passed away from Cancer.
Fairhill Business Awards at Tullyglass
Cute photo of Simon and I at the Giant's Causeway

Me and Zoe at the Hogwarts Express

April
After returning from London, I spent a couple of days at Simon's apartment. We booked London again for October. Simon started me watching Lost and I quickly became hooked on it. Some nasty person hit my brand new car while it was parked in the car park at work. Thankfully it wasn't too damaged but nothing could be done about it.  Simon and I began house viewing as we were planning on moving in together. We finally found a house in Ahoghill and moved in on the 27
th. I managed to hurt my shoulder quite badly and was in pain for a few days. I had a lot of sorting out to do and preparation to do for moving house. At the GB display, our table “You're a quizard.” won the table quiz. I also got my 5 year Officer badge. 
Me and Zoe all ready for the Girls Brigade Display.
Simon and I outside our new home, day after we moved in.


May
Simon and I continued to sort stuff out in our new house and buy new bits and pieces for it. We also took a trip to Ikea to get some new furniture. I had the girls around to the house on the 8
th which was fun. I had family and friends come to see my new house, including David and Joan and Alison and her family. I had a check up at the dentist and all was good. Once Upon a time finished on the 22nd. Simon and I started watching How I met your mother. I was happy to see some nice weather for a change. There was a Royal Wedding between Harry and Megan on the 19th. I took a week off from the 14th. Simon turned 31st on the 15th and I took him for lunch at Millside and then we went shopping. On the 28th, I ran Race for Life along with Vera, Karen, Donna, Zoe, Lauren and Ava. It was good fun and the weather was lovely. That evening we had food and drinks at Karen's house with a bouncy castle. 

 
Adrian's Angels at Race for Life in Belfast


June

Northern Ireland got a bit of a heatwave during June which was pretty good. Simon and I continued to sort out our home. We also made the most of the glorious weather we were having. We took a trip up to Creative Gardens in Antrim and had a meal at Rococo. On the 15th, I went to Birmingham with Michelle for the Enchanted Once Upon a Time convention. We did some shopping in Birmingham first. I got to meet Lana Parilla (Regina), Rebecca Mader (Zelena), Sean Magire (Robin Hood), Giles Mathey (Gideon), Adelaide Kane (Ivy), Victoria Smirfit (Cruella), Kristen (Maleficent), Jared Gilmore (Henry) and Jaime Murray (Black Fairy). It was so much fun, getting to meet the cast and dress up for the parties in the evening. I got to dress up as Anna from Frozen for the princess and villains party while Michelle was Rapunzel. I had the last week of June off work as it was my birthday week. On the 28th, Simon and I booked a last minute overnight stay at Cronmore Halt in Portstewart for my birthday on the 29th when I turned 31. On my actual birthday we visited the spot where Adrian's ashes were scattered and then had a wonder around Portrush before heading onto the beach for an hour. Simon and I got a little bit too much sun that day though. On the 30th, we went to Bangor to meet up with Alison. 

Simon and I enjoyed the lovely weather at Creative Gardens in Antrim.
Meeting the Once upon a time Cast at Enchanted
Me and Simon in Portstewart

July
July went past in a bit of a blur if I'm being completely honest. I did go for dinner with the girls at Rococo one night after work. I can't really remember anything major that happened in July. I think I just spent a lot of time working and my days off chilling or doing stuff around the house.


August
August was pretty much the same as July. I did take a really sore back which meant I couldn't even sit down. Simon and I paid Ikea a visit and bought some new furniture for the house. I had a night out with the Quiz ladies for Denise's leaving do. We went to Rococo and then to the Grouse for drinks. I tried my first ever shot there. I had to cover in the Quiz in Junction One for a week. I had another week off but I can't really remember what I did that week. I went to see Mamma Mia in the cinema with Vera, Lauren and Zoe. Simon and I finally finished Lost and I cried at the last episode. I went to see Christopher Robin in the cinema. There was a massive fire at the Primark in Belfast which was devastating as it's one of my favourite shops. I had my first trip to a spa with Vera and Zoe where we went to the spa at Antrim Forum which was lovely.
Me before a night out with the Quiz ones.

September
I had another night out with the Quiz ladies, this time for Emily and Oliva's leaving do. We went to Milano's and then onto the Spinning Mill. I was introduced to Malibu and Coke. I applied for the assistant managers job in Quiz but sadly I didn't get it. Simon and I took a day trip to Londonderry shopping. on the 29th, I met up with Alison. I had an interview for Little Rays Nursey but didn't get the job. 

Me and Simon enjoying a Coffee in Londonderry


October
October was a very up and down month for me. I was very stressed out with work and trying to find a new job with more hours. I took a severe pain in my thumb/hand which was annoying. I had an interview for Menarys on the 10th which went well. Westlife announced their reunion and I was so excited about my favourite band getting back together. On the 13th, two days before we went to London, Simon and I had baths and even put on face masks. On the 14th something very exciting happened, Simon proposed to me and of course I said "yes!" My ring was absolutely stunning. On the 15th it was me and Simon's first anniversary and we headed off to London for four nights. We had a walk through Kennsington Gardens, went shopping on Oxford Street and visited the Harry Potter Studio tour with Alison and Norma. I went to see Harry Potter and the cursed child with Alison. Simon and I went on the sight seeing bus tour and we went to see Wicked. While in London, I found out I had got the job in Menarys which I was really happy about. I had my induction day on the 25th which was the same day I got Westlife tickets for me and Zoe. That was also my last day in Quiz. I spent the last few days of October training in Menarys in Larne. David did some painting in our living room, bedroom and two bathrooms.
Our engagement photo

Harry Potter Studio Tour with Norma, Alison and Simon

Outside Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Simon and I at Wicked

November 
At the start of November, I was still training in Larne then we moved into our new shop and got it all set up for opening on the 15th. I was loving my new job and settled in quickly. We were really busy too. I got a lot of my Christmas shopping done. On the 3rd, I went to Disney on Ice at the SSE Arena in Belfast with Alison. That evening we went to Pizza Hut with Michelle, Audrey and Roland. Simon and I started watched 13 Reasons Why.

                                         Pizza Hut after Disney on Ice

December
I continued to work very hard in work and spend my days off doing my Christmas shopping, doing housework and chilling out. I took the cold which was annoying. Simon and I put our Christmas tree up on the 1st. I went to see Ralph Breaks the Internet with the GB which was so good and I got so excited at seeing all the princesses together. On the 15th, Simon and I met up with Alison and Roland who brought us goodies from Disneyland Paris. On the 22nd, Simon and I went to Leighnmore for Christmas dinner which was fantastic. On the 23rd, I went to visit Tim with Tom, Vera and Dad. On Christmas day, Simon and I went to see Vera and family then went up to his Parent's house for dinner. Simon and I both took sick with the flu so we both had to take a couple of days off work. We didn't even get going out on New Year Eve, so sadly our end of year wasn't too great. Simon and I also started watching the Marvel movies. 

Simon and I before we went out for dinner
Our Christmas tree



















Comments