My Daily Routine - 2020 edition


My daily routine depends on what shifts I'm working that day. I work in retail so my start time can vary from 9am to 5pm. That was before covid-19 and lockdown where my work closed for 11 whole weeks. My shift start time now can be anything from 10am to 1pm. Most of the time I start at 10am though and work to 5pm. So I thought I'd do my daily routine for when I start at 10am. I don't really have a routine for my days off though.

When I'm working, I like giving myself plenty of time to get ready. Some would argue that I give myself far too much time or I take too long to get ready. I've never been one of those people who roll out of bed half an hour before their shift starts, pull on clothes from my bedroom floor and rock into work without showering, brushing my hair or eating. I like to take my time rather than rush around. It's also very important that I eat breakfast and have a shower before work. I also like leaving my house with time to park my car and be in work at least 15 minutes before I start my shift.

So here is my daily routine
When I have to start work at 10am, I always get up at around 7:30am. Sometimes I might get up a little earlier if I have a lot to do. This gives me about 2 hours to get myself ready before I have to leave the house. Two hours might seem like a long time but trust me, it takes me that time to get myself ready. Most days, I'll have left my clothes out to wear to work the night before but other times I can't be bothered so, I'll get out of bed and gather up my clothes then grab a shower. I wash my hair every other day which is one of the reasons why I might get up a bit earlier like 7:15am. I always have to have a shower in the mornings as I worry about sweating during the night. Last thing I want is to be going into work smelling of bad BO. After showering, I dry myself then get dressed in my work clothes. Next, I'll make the bed. 

If I have washed my hair, I'll dry it then apply my make up. I wear minimal make up daily so it doesn't take me long to apply. Maybe 10 minutes tops. I might manage to have a cup of tea or coffee while I'm getting myself ready. After applying my make up, I either straighten my hair or curl it. Usually, I straighten my hair but the odd time I will make the effort to curl it. Hopefully by now it'll be about 8:30am. I'll then go and get my breakfast. Breakfast is very important and I won't leave the house without having something to eat. My usual breakfast is 2 slices of toast with chocolate spread or some toast and cereal with a cup of tea. As I have IBS, I have to be prepared for any sudden flare ups that may appear unexpectedly. After I'm done with breakfast, I'll wash up the dishes and make myself some sandwiches for lunch. Then I'll gather up my belongings for work, making sure I've got everything I need for the day, especially my mask and sanitiser.

I will aim to leave the house at 9:30am. It only takes me about 5 minutes to get into town since I moved back into my Dad's rather than the 10+ from our old house. I'll park my car in the shopping centre car park then head to work.

******
After work
My evenings are not the most interesting. Since moving in with my Dad, we are very limited on what we can do in the evenings. I'll get out of work around 5:15pm and head home. Some nights, I'll make dinner, other nights, Simon will have started making it. We'll aim to eat around 6pm. After eating, we'll wash up the dishes. Then make ourselves a cup of tea. Usually, we'll change into our comfy bottoms and watch television. Some nights, we'll go out for a drive to a shop to pick up some snacks. Simon might play his playstation while I read, colour in or play games of my own. 



Comments